Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

it's not my birthday

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 6, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    due to my negative economic situation in these days i realized a bad news. i'm forced to sell one of my basses. i'll sell my newest bass, the thunderbird, not because i don't like it, i love it indeed, but because i could'nt sell my first real bass, the rick it's a matter of love... and my wonderful squier japanese jazz has not a big resale value and it's my favorite sounding bass. i hope that in the next future, when i'll finish my studies and i'll have a regular well paid work i'll buy another t-bird. that's for sure!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, man, that sucks. maybe we could take up a collection to help you out. :D

3. whoa man, have you thought of selling plasma or a kidney or something before selling a bass. Think man there have to be other options.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    you are right. there have to be other options. i have 15 days to find one!! and just to be myself i need money, maybe i have to sell a bass and i have a infamous case of G.A.S. for a wonderful jazz bass reissue 62. please someone stop me!!!

5. : police megaphone:
    Step away from the bass. It's not worth the pain.
    : police megaphone off:

A couple of months ago I was going to buy a new bass so I was going to sell all of my CDs and a few other things so I could pay for it. I don't know what kind of resources you have to pawn some things off or something. So how much do you need if you don't mind my asking?

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i need something like 1150 us $ i bought my lovely gibson thunderbird forgetting that my university taxes are never late. now i have this wonderful bill to pay in my hands.

7. Man that's bad. How much did the T-bird set you back and how much do youthink you could get for it? Sorry to hear that dude.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    man, that must suck. I'm glad i'm still living with my parents. I don't have to worry about bills or anything. Just do chores are my ass is dead. I'm glad i'm 14.

It's my 5:):)th post!!! yipee!!! sorry man, what a bummer... :(