Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's not often I post about getting new stuff in the amps forum!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmkelly, Sep 17, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I finally picked up the second cabinet for my rig today.... pictures will hopefully be around this weekend... It's an Ampeg B4r with two BSE410HLF cabs.... I have been using the rig with one cab for some time, the second rig will be great to biamp everything... yeah for me!

P@

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    AWESOME. Congrats!!!!!! Have you gogged with it yet? Forget it, I just re-read that you picked it up today. :)

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yes yes. ampeg.. good choice.. Hope it all works out for you

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    "have you gogged with it...." that's funny stuff Nino!

I went to the rehearsal studio tonight to set it all up and play around with it a little... I dig it! when I have more time this weekend, then I can get the biamp settings down. Practice tomorrow night, and I'll get a better feel for it, and then a show on the 28th. So more info will be forthcoming!

P@

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I gotta re-read my post before I hit the reply button. :D :p

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    congrats on your expanding setup!!!! i hope you can blow many punters away with your newly relaised headroom!!!!

by the way - nino, I'm wiping water from my monitor since I read your post:D

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    just got back from practice.... the new rig is amazing! It rocked! Great clarity, punch, enough rumble for the whole band... wow! It's just gonna suck carrying the whole rig to shows!

P@

8. I have had one of the BSE 410Hlf cabs for about 2 years now. I like the sound, has a lot of bass. Too bad the tweeter sucks, or it would be my favorite. Not as loud (obviously) as my 8x10:D .

jtbp