Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's official... I LIKE Fenders!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, May 19, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    maybe it's just me, but they keep surprising me. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE my hi end Nordstrand , F Bass and Zon. But for the money, the Fenders work for me.. just picked up an American Deluxe Jazz 5 and i love it. for well under a grand. It has the J sound, the Marcus slap sound, HUGE lo end , 34 in scale that plays great. And i can check it at the airport without fearing losing a fortune!
    for the smooth Jazz gigs i have been playing (most sound like that Marcus tone ) it is perfect, and oudoors in 115 Vegas degrees, i can give the boutique guys a break...
    yep, flame away, but i LIKE these Fenders!!! :bassist:

2. Aiy, the joy of Fenders. Good score man.

3. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    I feel for ya bro'

bad things happen indeed. Hope you'll feel better soon.

:bag:

:D

Peace,
    JP

4. As much as high-end boutique basses are great, I'm a big Fender man myself. Solid workhorse with a nice tone that won't cost you a ton.

5. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Adrian, how's the B? BTW, I LOVE my '66J, but I'm afraid to take it anywhere. I've got a Modulus Genesis 5 that does my "dirty work."

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    JP, thanks for the good wishes!! ;)
    Thumper, the lo b is adequate, i have played better, they BETTER be better at 3 times the $, but its quite fine...just a great workhorse bass, this one is black with a tortoise pickguard and maple board..nice...now when people go " yeah, but where's your Fender?" i can say " i got your Fender right here!"-- :D

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Somone call 911!! QUICK!!! I THINK THE 115 DEGREE VEGAS HEAT HAS COOKED HIS BRAINS!!!

:D :bag:

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Heh. I also own some fairly nice boo-teek basses, but I luv my Fender just as much. The B on my RB5 isn't quite as nice as the B on my Modulus Q5, but then the RB5 sounds like a Fender and the Q5 does not. Variety is nice.

9. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Glad for you Adrian. Many of us come full circle. What is the string spacing at the bridge? I was thinking of going the same route.

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    :eek: :help:

Welcome to the club. :)

11. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I love my Fender 4. I haven't played enough 5 string Fenders to really have an opinion. I also have not played a single super-ultra high end bass that I've liked as much as my Fender (and I've tried plenty).

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That didn't take long at all. I'm putting money on less than 4 months with the Nordy. "After Garcia" it is.

13. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I think Fender hit the mark with that MIA Deluxe J series. Nice construction and great tones and quite a reasonable price. Hard to compete with the Fender machine for what they do.

The 4-banger Deluxe J fits my hand perfectly, although it's thick to be a "J", IMO. That V actually has a pretty chunky neck, no? Not terribly uncomfortable, but it's not very "J" feeling is it?

14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Took ya long enough!! LOL. Now we all have to talk you into a Sadowsky!! I'm picking up a 66P and a 72J next week to go along with me Sadowsky 4 and 5. Hope you are well and business is great!!

Rob

15. Good for you, Adrian!

I avoided them for 15 years. No more. When you find a good one, it is a workhorse that has a sound that works for just about everything.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Blaspemy, just get two more Sadowsky justy kidding ;) . I hope they work out for you Rob.

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Adrian

Congrads on finding a bass that makes you happy, I do agree it is time that a Sadowsky bass joins your family :) .

18. bogart

bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    Of all the basses in all the world there is one that I'd take over my Jazz bass collection

SADOWSKY

p.s.
    they are biting fender's style though

19. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I too recently realized i like fenders. It seems like lately i've happen to run into a few that have just been perfectly set-up and had great tone. Maybe they started better QC?

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    my Nordstrand is going nowhere, believe me... I am just thrilled with the fact that the Fender does such a great job ... i like everything on it.. it is a great companion to the Nordie... i have been intrigued by Sadowsky as many of you know, but , with all due respect... with a $3650 price tag, the Sadowsky i like , I am afraid is not going to happen, unless i hit the jackpot.