It's official, I'm an Eden guy.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jiant., Aug 6, 2005.

1. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Last night was my first gig with the Eden WT-400 that I bought earlier this summer from fellow TB'er HollowMan227, and man, it blew me away. My band hasn't really done any gigging this summer since I bought the head, and last night was our last show since I'm going off to college, so this was my first time to really open her up. Holy crap, the tone I got out of this little beast was amazing, exactly what I've been wanting to sound like. I was using an MIM Fender Jazz with Seymour Duncan 1/4 Pounder pickups and an Ampeg SVT 410-HLF cab. To think that just a few days ago I was trying to trade this to a guy for his B4R. I'm really glad that didn't work out. Anyway, just post your experience with Eden, talk about how much you love them or hate them or whatever. God Bless. -Brad
  2. Used one for years.... wonderful amp.... small, light, warm and loud. You will love it. Congrats :hyper:

PS I sold it to a buddy of mine, and he's still using it.... never had a problem... great product.
  3. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I have rejoined the Eden club recently acquiring a WT 550..

I love it..

I had a WT 400 that I sold and always regretted it..
  4. I'm waiting on a CXC-110+CX-110(WT-330/1x10 combo+1x10ext. cab)from Bassnw. I could not BELEEEEVE the sound of my upright through an Eden head & a crappy cab. :eek: :hyper: I can't wait!
  5. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I bought a WT-550 this summer. I've gigged it with a big band, smooth jazz combo, and a pop/rock band, inside and outdoors, electric and upright. All good. I'm verry happy with it. Just wish the DI was pre EQ.
  6. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Does your WT-550 hum or hiss with both the gain and volume up at '6'?
  7. you almost traded it for a B4R...

:eyebrow: :eek: :rollno:

thank goodness that didn't work out...

8. Doesn't it(the DI)have a pre/post eq switch? I was sure the CXC does, but now I can't seem to find a pic of the back panel.
  9. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    It's nice hear that a younger bass player (like myself) is into a brand and sound that's beyond the generics. Most bassists in their teens just have a "monkey see, monkey do" mentality, and all they want is a solidstate Ampeg head.

I've got an Ampeg head.....

..... but its over a decade older than me. :cool:
  10. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, I would of still used it last night even if I had confirmed the trade for the B4R, because it was with someone on here. So right about now, I'd either be trying to talk myself out of a trade, or feeling like the world's biggest douchebag.
  11. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I loves me my Eden gear.

WT330 > D210MBX (wedge) > D212XLT
    (I've also had a 210XLT and a 110 cab, CX110?)

- Clean power - doesn't get nasally/honky/harsh at high volume, always feel like I'm in control
    - Nice DI: pre or post, attenuator, ground lift, low noise
    - Very efficient cabs, great freq response
    - Small, lightweight head
    - Great customer service, very helpful forum at their website
    - TONE! More than anything, because it sounds GREAT set flat, then a click or two with the eq and it sounds perfect. No other amp I've ever tried is like this, most you work for either a little time (or an eternity) getting a good sound; it takes work to get a BAD tone out of the Eden. No knob tweaking during a gig, just peace of mind, I can concentrate on playing and having a good time.

I've got maybe the only Eden model without a tube preamp. The tube emulator (warm button) is very good and I'm fine with just that, but I usually use my H&K Tube Factor in front of it for real tube warmth (also does overdrive/distortion).
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i love mine, too...i started out with a metro combo i got back in 97/98 and eventually got a d115xlt for an extension cab...then i got rid of the metro and bought a d410xlt and added a power amp and a navigator preamp...awesome rig...i really don't even care to see what else is out warwicks, spectors, zon and mtd all sound lethal coming out of that rig

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
  13. Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    I just got my new cab delievered on wednesday, An Eden D410T. Wow is all I have to say. Now I just need to save up and get myself an eden head.
  14. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ
    Authorised BFM and fEARful cab builder: New Zealand
    Just got an Eden WT550 a month ago from BassNW.

I'm real happy with it and the other bassists at Church have been impressed with it as well.

Very little noise into FOH via the DI.

For our Blues/Rock group this amp has certainly made the difference and now the task ahed of me is to build a couple of cabs for it.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...haven't sold my Navigator yet...killer piece that covers tons of sounds with easy versatility...

PS: It's THE pre that I use at all my gigs...
  16. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Stingray 4

17. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Congratulationss, I've been contemplating getting at WT550 for awhile. Fantastic little amps, and powerfull as hell...but I must wait. I'm trying to save $ and reading this thread is not helping.

18. man, that is an awesome rig!!!
  19. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have two pieces of gear I like a lot:
    Eden Navigator that I sue in conjunction with a qsc/plx1602 and a Schroeder 410-great rig for both DB and electric, and my pre of choice for recording...

Which led me to: sell my mesa 400+ when the new wt800B came out. Most of the same features in a smaller but still pretty high power package. Perfectly capable of pushing the Schroeder 410...but I've also added a Schroeder 1210 to make a very nice, powerful, portable killer.

Great stuff!
  20. Mzeke

Jul 20, 2005
    Pikesville, MD
    Wow! Did BassNW have a fire sale going on or what? I'm also waiting on a CXC-110 from them as well. Didn't get the CX-110 from them, but I spotted one at a local shop and hope it'll still be there in a week when I get more funds.