Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

its official, i'm getting promoted

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Oct 16, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've worked as an unloader at UPS for about 7 months now. I've been interested in becoming a part-time supervisor for awhile, so I finally started the process, and I just found out last night I will start on Monday. I couldn't be in a better mood. I'll be making alot more money (GAS relief!!!!!!!) and doing alot less physical work. I'm going to be working under my old full-time supervisor. I also found out I'll be working smalls sort, and not load, which means I won't be in there every night until about 10:30-11:00. Words cannot express how happy I am. I get my first check on the 26th, and it'll be about 3 times my normal pay. Definetely pissing it off on that Ampeg 6x10.

2. Congratulations! It's good to hear good news! And what can beat being able to pick up more gear??? Congrats, again.

-Nick

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Congrats, i love to hear of people doing well for themselves :)

The american dream is alive and well, or something.

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Thank you. It really lifts my spirits to think that I'm still 18 years old, and a freshman in college, and I'll be boss over people older than me, and have been there so much longer.

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    WTG man :D Two thumbs up for you!

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Congratulations! I know that feeling! :)

I have a promotion story as well.... I´ve been working at the IT department of the largest hospital in Iceland in End User support for nearly six years. I´ve been trying to get into the Tech department for two years now and two weeks ago I finally made it!

I´m now doing fun stuff! Most of my duties now involve implementing new stuff, running our Cisco switches, routers, wireless access points, Microsoft servers, MS DNS etc. Excellent stuff!

Congrats again! :)

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Congratulations. I used to unload for them staring at around 3:30a.m.?? I never moved up, just quit after a month and a half. Props though man, it's like a non-stop heavy duty workout unloading...the pits!!!

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way to go dude......that's awesome for you.

Congrats to you as well Ivar. I am moving to network services from the help desk in about two weeks myself. I need to get my MCSA first.

-Mike

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats on your promotion to PBIC*!

*(Package Beater In Charge ;) )

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    :eyebrow: man, I'm having to deal alot of raised eyebrows lately

Sorry, I don't work for DHL.

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Just pullin' your chain - I know you're one of the guys that cares.

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'll be sure to hold any packages to a Ken in Chicago. :smug:

13. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the next tax bracket.

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm still below the poverty line. Where's my government cheese?

15. When you finish rolling your doobies.:D

Congrats. My first employee review in this week, and I think I will be getting a raise out of it. I've been working some extra hours, you know, staying late to help close the store, arriving early to help open, that sort of thing, and my boss had been really appreciative about it.

Maybe I can move over to automotive!! That would be friggin' sweet.

Rock on
    Eric