Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

it's official, the YBA200 is...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 5, 2004.

1. the best sounding amp I've ever used...I've used Eden,SWR,Ampeg,Peavey, and several other brands and I love this one the most....

I don't see me owning another amp for a long time (except for maybe a Clarus for my upright :) )

2. Nice man, I cant wait till october until I get mine. Support your words though, I need to know how awesome it is!

3. I did some recording with it the other night and it sounds great....I was able to NAIL Dave Schools' (from Widespread Panic) tone...which is the sound I've been looking for...

Download some WSP (especially the song Stop Go) and that's the exact tone I was able to get....also messing around with the treble allowed me to get that Korn/Warwick "woody" tone

I'm really really really loving this amp

4. I'm hoping I'll really really love it too. I'm looking for a perfect Say It Aint So-Weezer sound.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    What cab are you looking to get? I see you're using the Avatar 410 and looking for a new cab. Might I suggest the Yorkville XC808? Stacks up (no pun intended!) As good or better than an Ampeg stack, IMO.

6. right now I'm leaning towards getting

Schroeder 1210 and (via another poweramp) Avatar SB115

eventually I wanna run 2 of each...because it's light weight and high power :D

7. if it were up to me I would be running it through an Ampeg 810 (my all time favorite cab) but due to back problems I have to get light cabs (under 50 lbs) and hope for the best

I just wanna have some good punch with A LOT of chest pounding lows

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    played it last night with the Fender 8x10...not bad, not bad...still prefer 8x8s though...I keep going smaller with my speaker preferences! From 15s, to 10s, to 8s...6s next?

But I like 12's with my fretless though. Played a prototype rig last weekend with an 800W head and a 2x12...pure mwah...but now I get off topic...

...I don't know that you'll find a cab 50 lbs. that'll sound good with that amp...let me know if you do!!!