It's official

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Yup, I know now that I'm a freak. I've become obsessed with both my dogs health / mortality. They're both extremely healthy are not overweight and here's the kicker... They're 4 and 3 yrs. old respectively and the breed that they are (labs) have a lifespan of about 12 years!!!! I've had dogs throughout my entire life and never have I been this weird about this balogna.

Anyhoo... Someone please smack me upside the head and concur that I'm being a total dork.
  2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I wouldn't say you're a dork about this. Just a little premature. Relax you have a long and happy life with your poochies.
    Mine on the other hand is close to the end. She's a 13 year old standard poodle. She's been such a wonderful and loyal companion. She has endured the indignities of two young children with style and grace. Never once showing any signs of impatience. She's now mostly blind and deaf and her hips are failing. But she's still willing to give playtime a shot and always ready to snuggle.
    Don't get ahead of yourself with your dogs health. Relax and enjoy
  3. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    I was in the same position as you. I'm 16, my dog was 15. He was a poodle. I had him for as long as I can remember. He died 2 weeks ago yesterday. It was pretty hard, but I took comfort in knowing he lived a long and spoiled life. :D
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Which is may exact same theory. I guess I'm just going through a goofy time. My brother's lab, who is 10, was just diagnosed with bone cancer and was not given a good prognosis. That whole thing just got me thinking about this stuff.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey Lemon I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I'm not looking forward to that day. Anyway I'm just glad she's still here. I'm always amazed at how they can make us love them so.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I tottaly understand i have an animal named TOTO she is a bichon that is a type of dog. She is a littel white thing how likes to smile and have attention i love her to death having animals is a great thing. It is amazing how attached people get to their animals but as i heard some one say they are the only true love. Go pet your pet
  7. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    When the beast dies, I'll get a new one.