Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's officious: I'm headed back down to FL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yep yep. Some things have conspired to blow the winds as such that I will indeed be heading back down to Flawiduh come December. Finals end the 13th, and I'm out either shortly before or after.

It's kind of a relief, really, in that I've been anxious about joining bands and relationships and whatnot because I've had the general "threat" of moving hanging over my head. Now it's like a weight off my shoulders. It's something I'm gonna do, so I don't have to worry the possibility anymore.

For why? To head down to Flagler College in St. Augustine. It's about 4/5 hours north of where I used to live in FL. It's about an hour (ish) from Jacksonville and about an hour and change from Gainsville. Square in the middle of nowhere, but at least I'm fairly close to some places of interest.

Probably be rocking the dorm, but that's okay. I'll pony up extra for a single room, but my privacy is worth it. (And my other collegiate siblings as well).

Be treking down and across the states; I'm not headed through the midwest in December. That's just asking for it. Headed down through NM/TX/AL and so on. Picking up my brother at NM Tech because he'll be headed home for the hollidays.

Bah. I hate Florida. Well, hated, I'm sure I'll get used to it again, I'm just not looking forward to the drive.

Oh well, stupid is as stupid does.

2. i live in mississippi on I-20, about 8 hours east of dallas. you'll have gone south before that, probably.

robb.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That's ok man, we hate you too.

:spit:

....I need to move now, dammit....

:help:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm not sure. I'll either head down through Utah, or head down through Cali and then over. Not sure.

My driving is pretty hardcore. When I came up here, I covered about 3200 miles in 49 hours over a 72 period. Still managed to get 8 hours of sleep a night, too. All withing the speed limit, mind you.

Gard, I wasn't goint to say, this, but... you've got ugly cats.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's actually a little north, I'm headed south. Silly canucklehead. But, you're Canadian, I'll let that one slide.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And I was being clever. As a non-user of emoticons, I understand the fine nuances of print.

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    hahaha, first I've heard that. I'm so gonna use it.

8. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Welcome back. :cool:

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Now that Brendan is back on our side your all meat.

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Headed through Frisco, mayhaps? I live withing walking distance of about 15 bars.

11. You've lived here in Stumptown for how long now? And we still haven't met? How dumb are we?

Good luck driving down there. Stick to 101 on the way down. Slower, but much more enjoyable to look at.

Rock on
    Eric

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I live about a year from 21.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A year as of September.

14. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I bet it has something to do with Brendan's stance against Ticketmaster.

15. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Well, I guess you'll just have to come out to my rehearsal studio and play with one or 5 distortion pedals. We also have a bar in the studio space that doesn't check IDs, and sells good beer for $2.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...I'm cheap?

17. Hey baby, I got a few bucks, wanna have some fun?

:D

Rock on
    Eric

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My trebuchet is always with me. At least in spirit. I still have not buil tthe monster sized one. Every time I'm ready something else comes up. Last time it was kids, this time it's unemployment and trying out the solo gig.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i knew you'd come crawling back.

20. Where do you live around here, anyway? I'm down south towards past Milwaukie but not all the way to Oregon City.

Suburbia incarnate. Nothing to do but watch the cars go by. Stupid highway.

Rock on
    Eric