It's old and beaten up.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

But the vintage TC Electronics is now mine, for 120 € ship. incl.
    I'm happy like a little boy. :hyper:
  2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Congratulations! Those things sound great. They're hard to find used, looks like you scored! A new power cord and you should be on your way!
  3. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I know someone that owns one about that old. I'm gonna ask for one as a birthday preasent but I doubt I'll be getting one anytime soon. They're the nicest chorus pedals made in my oppinion.
  4. Jazz Ad

In my opinion too. These and the ChoralFlange are my favorites.
    I need to replace the power chord and a knob cap is missing.
    Other than that, I'm going to clean the whole circuit and chase cold solder joints and it will land on my board just like this.
    They go for 300 € new in Europe so it's quite a good deal.
  5. Jazz Ad

It's... there aren't words to describe the sounds that come out of this thing. Even better than what I remembered.
    Liquid, warm, transient, percussive, wobbly, Crystalline, all that together and it still manages to respect the tone of your bass.
    I haven't been able to find a bad setting yet. Sometimes it's not what you'd expect but it still sounds huge. Pino Palladino, Eric Serra, all dream tones you have in your head come out instantly. I just can't stop playing.
    What a smoking deal.
  6. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I have a question. I've a TC Stereo Chorus/Flanger, but the graphics on mine are slightly different. Mine has a small purple box underneath the name of the pedal. Much like the one behind this link: .

Is there a tonal difference between the two?
  7. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Whoa... I miss mine.
    I kinda left it at the music shop where I used to work :bawl:

Congrats on that great bargain.
  8. Jazz Ad

Mine is older and now considered vintage, so it has to be better right :D ?

Here's what TC has to say about this :

What´s the difference between the old and the current version of the SCF pedal ?

Old version: Intensity pot in the middle, all B/W

New version: Intensity pot to the right, Purple square on the lower left corner.

Both SCF version have the same schematics and should act the same.
    On the new version the circuit is made with SMT (surface mount technology). The old version was made with ordinary leaded components.
    Some users claim that the old version sounds better, warmer or ...
    Anyway, it is quite obvious that a more than 15 year old device would sound different from a new, if it is better must be a matter of taste.
  9. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Gracias, Jazz Ad.