It's Schism - ooh, ahh

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geshel, May 16, 2002.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Finally got my stuff hooked up to the computer. . .gave this a quick run. Didn't have the SansAmp on, so it sounds a bit middy compared to the album (which is totally scooped! people say Justin has a lot of midrange - very high mids maybe).
  2. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
  3. i know! i really don't like his tone. it's very tame. to each his own though.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i liked it! close enough to the original
  5. That's the Hanewinckel, right?

Sounds pretty good! Daddy likes
  6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words. Yep, that's the Hanewinckel six, through an Alembic Superfilter and an F-2B. I might try later switching on the SansAmp between the intro and the main riff - the intro sounds pretty close but the riff has the overdrive on it.
  7. sounds very nice!

extremely cool! :D
  8. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Nice job, geshel! Pretty clean with those triplet hammer-ons! One suggestion I have is when I do the last double stop in the intro, I play a fourth where you fret the two fifth frets on the D and G rather than playing a fifth fret and a fourth fret. It makes it end with kind of a major note rather than a minor one.

I dont know if anyone can understand that cause my knowledge of theory is embarrasingly limited. :D
  9. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Not sure what you mean. I'm playing:

G -3--2--5--7-----------------
    D -0--3--5--8-----------------

I know that Bb is there in the bass both times, I can hear that pretty clearly. I *think* the guitar is playing 7,7 there the second time though - If I do the bass part an octave up but play the A instead of Bb on the very last one it fits. And I hear the dissonance between the bass and guitar on the CD.
  10. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    ohhhhhhhhh that sounds awsome! i love your bass haha