Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Its so bad its funny

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Jul 29, 2005.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    R Kelly new video... ...trapped in the closet... all 5 chapters i couldn’t stop laughing...

Has anyone else seen the video?

Its sooooo bad... annoying but i couldn’t stop laughing... Especially at part where he hangs up the phone and R Kelly goes "click"...

So if you hate bad music but love to laugh... i suggest watching it...

Oh yeah, mods... this is off topic because it has nothing to do with music:)

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My wife and I caught the 5th video (I think). I rarely watch tv, so I had no idea what it was about-didn't even realizei it was R. Kelley until afterwards. It was absolutely hilarious...I honestly thought it was a joke video for the first half of it.

3. I thought it was a movie...

4. AND NOW HE'S HEADING TOWARDS THE CLOSET!

HE'S OPENING UP THE CLOSET

HE'S OPENING UP THE CLOSET!

HE'S STILL OPENING UP THE CLOSET!

HE OPENED UP THE CLOSET! :D

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Would that be each of the 5 chapters?

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The video is so bad it is funny the FIRST time you see it. The hundreth time you see it, you use it as time to clean the house, make a snack, run to the bathroom or do anything but watch.

By the way...that song, as a song, quite apart from the video goes nowhere and has is BORING.

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    The best part is the one where he finds a condom wrapper in his bed and the last line is "Oh my god a rubber," but there's a delay on R. Kelly's voice so it just keeps repeating.

Rubber...

Rubber...

Rubber...

Rubber...

Rubber...

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    It's so bad even the predominantly black radio stations, video channels and specialty shows are making fun of it.

This guy should just thank God that "In Living Colour" isn't still on the air. They would have a field day.

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It isn't the one with The Game and R Kelly on a boat, isn't?

In that case I'm happy it hasn't made it across the pond yet.

10. I think he wasted a lot of good singing and rhyming on such a story and on the horrible telling of it.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Is R Kelly the one that pee's on everyone?

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Wasn't he the childmollester?

Or both maybe :D

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    allegedly killed two birds with one stone.

if i could sing, i'd try and personalize the "trapped in the closet" experience:

"and now i'm typing/and now someone entered the apartment/people are TALLKIING..."

14. i also find the video hillarious.

who else would just narrate a story over a music track and sell it as a song?

15. It was scandalous. Hehe. Soaps operas make me sad. Think about it, they prevent all those people who some would best describe as very shallow from every finding their true lives. Anyway, I think him pulling out the gun was hilarious.

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario

I...I can't believe I just wasted 18 minutes watching that.

17. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    "I pull out my Beretta..."

or, if you're watching on MTV

"I pull out my......" *Pixelated hand*

:D

18. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    But for those that think this particular vid is as bad as you say it is, I don't see any difference from the garbage that Metalica or Korn or those alternative grunge groups emulating the Kurt Kobain genre. That stuff is straight stoopid. No musicality, limited intelligibility, and story lines???? Marilyn Manson makes we wanna puke.

So hack away at R Kelly, just keep in mind that there are other equally ridiculous presentations of artistic expression. Let's give them their fair share of bash time.