1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's that time of the year... Graduations!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rp747, May 27, 2012.

1. rp747

rp747

Apr 4, 2012
    SF Bay Area, CA
    June is just around the corner and it's about time for every young scholar to walk across the stage. I'm very happy to announce that I graduated yesterday along with my 64 fellow classmates. A small class with a lot of big hearts. Here's a pic for proof! ;)

DSC_0751.jpg

I'm sure TB's got quite a few members in the class of 2012, whether it be high school or higher education, and I'm sure amongst each other we'd like to know more happy graduates of this year! Announce your graduations if you're a-graduatin', and share your pics! :)

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Congrats to all the graduates out there!

2012 is not a year for me graduating, but I remember the feeling of pure joy of accomplishing something after four or more years of hard work!

High School Class of 2005, Moravian College Class of 2009 and hopefully Centenary College MBA in 2014.

3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I walk (with crutches most likely) on June 10th!! Then leave for a mission trip on the 11th! Great way to start my adult life right? Haha.

Gonna go to the community college that is located next door to the high school so that I can still live at home:p

4. Congrats!

I must admit, it's something I always found a bit odd, simply because we don't do it here. Here we generally filter out and just leave high school, often getting blitz and having a massive party which gets us kicked out of high school on the last day. I dare say part of it is because we need to wait til about August to get our high school exam results back. So we don't really graduate high school, we just all leave with a different set qualifications.

Though it would be pretty cool to have an official ceremony for finishing high school!

I'll hopefully be having my last ever graduation next year though :)

5. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    Congrats grads! And good luck with your next stage in life!

I'm done on June 17th with my associates in web development. I get the whole summer off before starting my second bachelors in the fall. Kinda backwards there. Unless they let me go straight on to a masters in computer science based on a bachelors in MIS. Waiting to hear. But SO looking forward to summer. Working 40 hrs a week and taking 5 classes this quarter has been a killer.