Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

it's that time of year again

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, May 4, 2005.

1. well school's over meaning i shall be working more, which means....new bass!!! i've been promising myself a new electric since i got into college (on upright) but never fufilled that promise, so i think it's about time. we ll here it goes, it will be a warmoth. carved top dinky p (zebrawood top) with jazz pickups. in my vast boredom and limited knowledge of photoshop i have whipped up two ideas, as per the two nexk choices that i'm looking at sso check it out and tell me what you think. also considering color, i can't decided whecther to leave it natural, stain it black, or dark red, so any input would be greatly appreciated. here come the pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry for the horrible photoshopping, but i am lazy. :)

ps. this will be fretted even though the pics don't show it that way

2. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I would go with the first one personally with chrome hardware.

3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    natural with the first neck.

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yeah, I'd go with the first one. Here's a somewhat similar bass from Warmoth's gallery page:

[​IMG]

5. wow that is gorgeous with a maple neck...

another question to add, does anyone have experience with about how long it takes to get parts from warmoth? i'll hopefully be ordering in 2 or 3 weeks

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    First one all the way, natural but I'd go with black hardware for more contrast. Very sweet looking.

7. I personally dig the second one, but I'm a J player, so I'm a sucker for that shape, I think a dark red stain would be way cool too...just my opinion, for what it's worth. Either way, we'll have to see some pics when you get it.

8. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i'll go for the second too.. i loooove the "square" inlays.. in the neck...

9. I like the second one. The blocked neck looks sweet.

I guess great minds think alike. I also put together the bass I want to build in photoshop. All from Warmoth parts. Maybe you will appreciate this.
    [​IMG]

10. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Second neck.

11. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    Waaaa! that's my kind of bass! when are you going to order it?.. make it before someone else does.. like me :bag:

juts kidding...

12. bump :hyper:

ps. i'm glad someone else photoshops up basses, i thought i was the only crazy one here

13. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I do it too. ;)

14. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    yeah, first one, headstock fits the body better.

15. we're 5 to 4 in favor of the first one...any other comments? as per finish and harware color expecially.. thanks for hte input guys