Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's that time of year again..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by popinfresh, Aug 13, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    So, last semester in music for my solo's I did Stu Hamm - Country music and a chordal peice I had written.
    This semester I need 10mins in total of playing. Unlike last semester, I want to keep it simpler this time.
    I'm looking for some more melodic songs with a real nice bit of groove. They don't have to be solo peices, and quite frankly, the easier they are to an extent, the better, as I don't have the time to get difficult peices down pat (I was going to do Classical Thump and Overjoyed, got a bit in and realised I won't have them both down in time).

So yeah, anything funky, melodic, 'nice' sounding with a good groove is what i'm after. It is a solo peice, so not TOO easy, but then, my teacher is a tad on the slow side and is impressed by anything. They can be solo artists peices or they can be songs with nice bass lines (and i'm allowed to play to the track). I don't really have effects, and no loop station. I do have my old digitech BP80 which has your basic chorus etc on it, and my V8 for distortion (though doubt I'd need that, heh).

One last thing, I'm all for expanding my horizons, so things like latin music etc are fine, as long as I can get an mp3/sound clip of it and either a tab or sheet music (No, i'm not too good with my ear :().

So please, hit me with suggestions.
    Thanks!

2. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bump digity.

3. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Teach might like Stanley Clarke's School Daze.

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmm, I havn't heard it, nor much other Stanely Clarke stuff :)() Is there anywhere I could download it from, and get sheet music/tab?

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bump.

6. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Here's a link to the Bass tab:
    http://www.bassmasta.net/c/clarke_stanley/125229.html

The title may be spelled "School Days", I really can't remember.

I still do P2P (~shame~) for the mp3s that I want to learn.

There should be a D/L $0.99 site like Rhapsody or Napster out there that has a copy you can D/L. Good luck.

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^Cheers man. Seems to be pretty groovin'. I'll try dig up an mp3.

I gotta write up an analysis on 10 minutes worth of tracks by monday.. So anyone else want to add any more?

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmm, I was also thinking of doing Apostrophe by Frank Zappa. What do you guys think of that?

I'm still trying to find a good tab/sheet and mp3 of school days though :(