1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Its that time of year again...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Its apple cider season again, woohoo!!

Who else loves this stuff?

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    I LOVE this season! :hyper:

3. That's one more thing I miss about living in NY. Not much apple cider here in FL :meh:

4. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Yummy, especially with lil' marshmaellows in them. Also it's very easy to ferment to make a tasty, spiked "apple-wine."

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    We have an orchard here that sells hot fresh apple cider and apple doughnuts. I am thinking about going there tomorrow...

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    if it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town.
    if it's clear and yella, that's juice you're drinkin', fella.

7. Enjoying The Simpsons reference.

I'm hoping Upstate NY where I go to college has an abundance of apple cider because I usually down the stuff like crazy back home.

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i love the fall. love apple cider. love the leaves changing.

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Poutine season is almost over.

10. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Big time cider fan here! Not only is it damn tasty, it keeps a man regular!

Mordez votre toungue! C'est TOUJOURS saison de poutine!

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Cider is the bee's knees. :cool:

12. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

Just had a pot yesterday.

Here's the recipe:
    Get a Crock Pot
    Pour in 3/4 gallon cider
    1 cup orange juice
    2 cinnamon sticks
    2 or 3 whole cloves
    slice up an orange and throw it in
    let it stew . . . . .

If you really want to bring the funk, pour a shot of carmel flavoring in your mug before you add the cider . . .

. . . . . mmmmmm Yummy!!!

13. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    If you're on Long Island, I would suggest you check out the Jericho Cider Mill on Rt. 106 or 107 (can't remember which one) it's AWESOME.
    I can't get enough of the stuff.

14. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I haven't even thought about the cider yet cause it's still warm here in Italy, but now I am looking forward to it. That and EggNog.

15. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I live in wine country. They're picking the grapes this week. Yesterday, my wife and I went to a local vineyard where they were taking people into the vieyards, giving them a glass of Chasselais (local white grape) and a handful of freshly picked grapes.

Our region has over 100 vineyards producing mostly Pinot Noir, Chasselais, Gamay, Gameret and some Cabernet Sauvigon.

What really hurts is living 2 hours away from Burgundy. That's just too close. :)

16. LOVE cider....

There's a cider mill about 30-40 minutes away that's opened from labor Day till Thanksgiving every year. They have apple and pear ciders, and also a bunch of apples, pears, pumpkins, etc for sale. They make their own peanut butter (It's SO good) fresh homemade pies, jellies, jams, etc.

My brother and I usually make frequent road trips out there ever Sunday or so. We haven't made our first trip yet though... Perhaps this Sunday! Yay!!!!

Ritter's Cider Mill

17. last weekend was Applefest in Bayfield, WI, and i picked up a gallon or two of some fresh apple cider--i don't anticipate it being around by next weekend :)

18. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Yum, I love apple cider. They just started selling a hot, spiced cider here in the cafeteria at work last week. I've bought it a few times now. Man it's good! :)

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Duck season
    Wabbit season
    Duck season
    Wabbit season

I like deer season.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021