Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Its that time of year... PROM TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Gann, May 29, 2004.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Prom was last night, and it was good times! Becca and I had dinner at La Miche, a country French restaurant. The food was AMAZING. We shared an appetizer of mussels stuffed with crabmeat in a garlic butter sauce. I had a ceaser salad, and she had a blue cheese, walnut, and apple over house salad. For the entree, she had roast duck in an orange sauce with potatoes, and I had shrimp, scallops, and sole over saffron rice. For dinner, we shared a souffle.

Then we went to prom, which, to be honest, was kinda crappy.

After prom, we went to well... Afterprom. It was fun. Gambling, prize drawings, crappy DJ, free food and drink, caricatures, and a huge DDR machine. Good times.

Home at 4 in the morning!

This pic is from dinner at La Miche:
    [​IMG]

And this pic is from when I picked her up before dinner:
    [​IMG]

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I didn't go to my just passed senior for two reasons.

1. girlfriend just dumped me and I have yet to get over her
    2. senior year is already a hole in the pocket and didn't feel like paying $150 just to sit there and watch people dance.

3. i too avoided my highschool prom. mainly because it was $75 and i knew that i wouldn't like the food in the resturant or the music or the campy slideshow. i avoided tha fter party cause it was in a provincal park and everyone there would be underage(the cops busted lots of people). also i didn't like too many of the kids form my school and most of the ones i can't stand would have been there, add alcohol into the mix and i would have gottin into a few fights. so i ended up playing pool and getting stoned wiht a firend and had a better time doing that then if i went to prom

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I didn't go to my prom. I saved my money and bought a g*itar instead. Now the question is which one do regret more: missing prom, or buying a g*itar?

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I went to my version of prom. No suit just jeans so had to argue for 30 mins to get in, lousy food, ******* classmates and a whiskey drinking competition with some biker bloke in the hotel bar later i was completely and utterly the most trollied i have ever been.

I couldnt find my mobile to talk to my girlfriend... but it turned out that it was pressed to the side of my head and i was talking to her. oh man, what a night that was.

6. Emerald_gasH

Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    TO,ON,CA
    i had my prom last thursday....was sooo much fun...unfortunately my pics didn't turn out so well :(

but hey i still have the memories

it was great, my friend got prom queen, my other friend from another school decided to come to mine so it was even more fun :)
    and then everybody just went crazy and danced, including a couple of dance-offs...until some idiots ruined it by throwing the desserts on the floor...but you can't help some idiots..

then we went to the after party, which was a cruise on a boat, and that was great too...

only downfall was when they started playing "i'll be missing you" by puff daddy...then a couple of us started tearing up and crying because of our two friends that couldn't be there...

but all in all, good times to remind me of the four years i spent in high school....

7. I didn't go to my prom because

1. I have no girlfriend (emo tear)
    2. I was $300 in debt
    3. I wanted to go to a show (but I didn't because my former drummer was a butt and wouldn't drive)
    4. Wouldn't like the atmosphere
    5. Just not my style (my style being, '...whatever')

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I didnt go to HS :p

But ya... being 22 (23 on 15th 2 years to go and damn insurance will be lower YAY) now i kinda wish i had some experiences of HS:/

oh well finishing school when i was 15 and then finding a brain at age of 21 was great... then you are like "WTH did i do for 6 years... oh RIGHT NOTHING" atleast now i know that having a low wage job is not a choice...
    I know some kids from HS who think that they dont need education or knowlage so they go get a job never read and do nothing... sadly they will be earning 7$ a hour when they are 50... very sad... now i think "if i went to HS would that be me?" no intrest at ALL in ANYTHING!

Kids... dont do it... go to school and read!
    I had 6 years of 60hour a week low wage job... its no fun...

Cheers

9. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I didn't go to prom in my senior year either. Keeping in the family tradition of not going.

We went to a upscale neighborhood and got illegally plowed. I sang mariachi music the whole time, apparently. The only thing I remember is getting in a fight with a plant. I was trying to get to the bathroom at someone's house, and it kept blocking my way. I punched it, and fell to the floor attacking it.

What goes on in a prom anyway? A bunch of guys trying to score by wearing tuxedoes and slow-dancing with their girlfriends? If that's it, I'm glad I didn't go.

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Glad you had a good time man! You cleaned up nice and your date is stunning. WTG! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

A lovely couple. :)

12. ROFL! :eek: :hyper:

thats cool ya'll had fun redgardless, and thats cool you and Bec are still together Nick... If I remember rightly you two would be edging on 3-4 years?? :)

----
    my story: a friend of mine broke up her with her boyfriend who cheated on her at his party on Friday. Cool, he's an ******* anyway, right? I figured he'd passed having a thing for my girl since there were other SINGLE girls there.
    boy was i wrong.
    started off with a 1/4 of vodka to try n get numbed so i could play my bass.. then I found it, yep! the asshat and my part-girl kissed. There goes a litre of teqqqqquilaaaa babeeeee...
    :meh:

the only really funny thing that I can remember is that I met an ex, and I said she'd lost a lotta weight and looked good.. *SLAP*
    .. what? :crying:

:D

13. I had fun at my prom. Nothing too exciting, but I had a pretty good time (especially on the dance floor). I had a pretty sweet tux, if I do say so myself.

[​IMG]

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i want another prom :(

15. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    You can always pretend.

Don't you remeber Barney and his fun imagination games?

16. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    no. my mother didn't believe in what she calls "globalisation and capitalist **** buddy kids tv" :meh:

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

You poor, poor thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're probably better for it.

18. If you get another one, can i be your handsome date? :D

19. score nick! glad it was a good one!

20. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    only if you're prepared to wear a dress