Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's twins!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jawzzz, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    After hearing alll the good things about Aguilar GS112's I finally found a place that had them. I am trying to save up for a 412, but I could not resist, and I bought the the 112's that were there.

These cabs are incredible. Very warm, fat, and well rounded sound to them. With two of them, it is suprisingly loud for just two speakers. And the best part, they don't weigh a thing. I have them paired with my Eden 410XLT and the sound is perfect.

Thanks to everyone on this site for leaving such helpful information. I would never have thought about Aguilar or 12's without you. :bassist:

2. Good score man! I will have to try some of those things sometime.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

three words...Modular...Modular...Modular...

I love them too!

4. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    hmmm.... i take it you like them better than your old xst's...any comparative comments?

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The thing I like better is that the 12's are fatter sounding than the 10's of the XST. The lower mids are also a lot smoother. I would not hesitate to get another XST, it one of the best cabs I have owned. I can get the good sounding low "b" with both cabs, I just really like those lower mids of the Aggie. Weight wise, you can not beat the Aguilar 112's. I carry one in each hand with no problem.

I would still own the XST, but my rule is if I buy a new cabinet, I have sell an old one. When I can be patient enough to save money over time, I will be able to keep both. ;) :D

6. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Nice score! Its nice haveing a store like guitar x to deal with. Your going to like the 412 as well. One word, LOUD.

7. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC