Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's your fault Triaxis!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Humblerumble, May 4, 2004.

1. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    After drooling over your Walkabout pics, and reading all the reviews. I went back to play the Walkabout. The first time I took my pbass and it sounded good, this time I took my main bass (Spector 5) and this thing sounded AWESOME!...so I bought it. Anyway this thing sounds great has a great sound and an awesome amount of thump from such a small package. Like Hank said "I was born to Boogie"

2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Great, Glad you love it!!!, write a gear reveiw

Good luck with the new rig

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I refuse to believe it until I see pics. :smug: Glad to hear it was my fault; I could use more blame in my life.

It's Benjamin Strange, by the way. BassTriaxis got hit by a car.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    i'll post some pics when I get home tonight, though it is just the standard Scout. I didn't have the patience to wait for the custom version :) I started to post to Benjamin, but I saw someone else had called you Triaxis, so my goof.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I need to go try one of these out. I have been mostly impressed with Mesa guitar stuff, but I really would love to hear what it would do to my jazz bass.

BTW, why'd you change the name, Ben? I mean, Bass Tricycle, er, um, hmm, Bass Triaxis was good.

6. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
  7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Basstriaxis didn't get hit by a car, he got hit by another Boogie :). Can't have a triaxis when you have 4 amps :)

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I do have 4 amps. Actually, I have 6. :smug: See?

[​IMG]

I changed it because it seemed a little redundant to have a username with "bass" in it on a bass forum. Makes me a little easier to remeber now, no?

9. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    And here's the offending Walkabout:

[​IMG] [/IMG]

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    but i still like bass tricycle!

Sweet amps by the way, all of them. What's that mesa with all those sliders?

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That's the M2000. 600 watts, tube and fet preamps, overdrive, 2 compressors, and more knobs than you can shake a stick at!

12. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I count 5 amps...
    Buster (??) head
    M-2000
    Strategy 400
    Collesium 300
    Walkabout Scout

Shouldn't there be a 400/+ / D180 in there somewhere?

13. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh, and you better not be counting the Strategy 400 as 2 amps...

You are aren't you.

Bastard.

14. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    You're missing the Bass Triaxis (of all things!). It's the 1RU thingy with the red LED digits on it.

15. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's not an amp.

16. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, ok...

[​IMG]

Buster, Strat 500, Strat 400, Coliseum 400, M2000, Walkabout.

The 400+ and the D180 are on the list.

17. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm still waiting to hear how these walkabout scouts compete with the rest of a band in a gigging situation. It's obviously not a big gig rig, but what about for bar band levels? Can it really keep up with two guitar players with distortion? I'm looking for a smaller end to my rig (which is an m-2000 plus PLX 3402 depending on gig size). The other thing I'm looking at is an Eden 210 combo.

18. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I have played it twice with a church praise orchestra and as usual got fussed at for being too loud :), and I subbed for a bass player with a Teen Christian rock band, (that was interesting as I am 40) but we played in a 200 seat church with two guitarists, drums, three singers and I was on about 3 or 4 for the entire gig. I was supposed to jam with my regular band tonight but it just got cancelled because the singer had to get a shot in his eye, and I don't mean whiskey either (Yikes) So far it has plenty of punch and volume. I plan on getting the 112 extension cab, but I also have a PR410 cab that I want to try it with as well. I am supposed to jam with some metal guys soon so that will give it a real test as one guitarist has a Marshall stack and the other guy has a Boogie stack. I'll probably get drowned out on that one :help: I'll give further reports as they happen.

19. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry; I have yet to find anybody to play with. :mad: Stupid San Francisco! Be more cool! Play wierd music with me!

I let you guys know how it goes as soon as I get a few auditions with this thing.