Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iTunes Zeppelin Fest

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kcdbass, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    hi all,

i love this iTunes streaming radio deal. i am listening to the classic rock channel 9412.com ... they are doing a zep fest this morning.

talk about three cats that were put on the earth for only one reason ... to make music music. damn.

they just played "babe, i'm gonna leave you." and i'm no lawyer, but if i live to be 1000, i'll never understand how some pissed-off lawyers didn't go into court over that song's riff vs. chicago's 25 or 6 to 4.

i mean, didn't george harrison get sued over "my sweet lord?" and i can't remember the song that he allegedly plagerized (sp?) but i remember thinking, at the time, that i couldn't really hear the resemblance to the litigant's song, whatever it was. wasn't it the bee gees or somebody like that?

just thinking out loud on a saturday morning.

ZEP RULES. rock on.

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    George was sued over "He's So Fine." Which really is the same song.

3. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    My old band used to to "babe, I'm gonna leave you" and "25 or 6 to 4" as a medley. Always went over really well.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm surprised I haven't been sued for using the same 12 notes as everybody else.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's because everybody else actually uses them in tune. :smug:

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Thank god for fretless.