1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I've been J-retroed!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Apr 6, 2002.

1. I've just installed (piece of cake) a J-retro preamp in my MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe V, and I just want to tell you, this baby is the s**t! Way, way better than the Fender preamp.
    Fat, punchy lows that get lower as you increase the boost.
    Sweet treble that cuts the high mids (1khz) as you boost, and a pull function that boosts extra high.
    Sweepable mid-range that enables you to go from James Jamerson to Jaco (although it does'nt make me play as good as them)
    Active/passive switch.

Can you tell that I like it?

BTW; I got mine from the Dude, Steve Barr, and I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone wanting to buy mailorder.

2. YAY!!! I've had my J-Retro for about a month now, and i love it too. glad to say you've seen the light

3. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Welcome to the fold, I have my second one on the way right now.

4. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    I want to get one of those ive heard great things, that and they have all those shiny knobs and switchs. but a question if i were to put it into a mim fender jazz v what kind of p/u's would you recomend use with it since the ones in the bass already arnt that great