Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've been J-retroed!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Apr 6, 2002.

1. I've just installed (piece of cake) a J-retro preamp in my MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe V, and I just want to tell you, this baby is the s**t! Way, way better than the Fender preamp.
    Fat, punchy lows that get lower as you increase the boost.
    Sweet treble that cuts the high mids (1khz) as you boost, and a pull function that boosts extra high.
    Sweepable mid-range that enables you to go from James Jamerson to Jaco (although it does'nt make me play as good as them)
    Active/passive switch.

Can you tell that I like it?

BTW; I got mine from the Dude, Steve Barr, and I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone wanting to buy mailorder.

2. YAY!!! I've had my J-Retro for about a month now, and i love it too. glad to say you've seen the light

3. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Welcome to the fold, I have my second one on the way right now.

4. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    I want to get one of those ive heard great things, that and they have all those shiny knobs and switchs. but a question if i were to put it into a mim fender jazz v what kind of p/u's would you recomend use with it since the ones in the bass already arnt that great