I've been looking for a new bass...Help ME!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigBbass451, May 25, 2004.

1. bigBbass451

Apr 9, 2004
    alright here's the deal....I've got this ****ty OLP MM3....well for the price it's actually a really nice bass....but anyways. I've been looking to get a new bass and i was wonderring if anybody has anything,good or bad, to say about any of them. here they are....Tribute Premiume 2500 from G&L, that violin bass by rogue, a squire jazz, or a OLP specor bass. Thank! ROCK ON :bassist:
  2. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    I think a rogue or squier would be a step or two down from the OLP...

What's your budget?
  3. id say save some more, and get something better. but, if you are ser on those, and on a tight budget, go with the G&L Tribute.
  4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Save up about $600 for a new bass. That Will get you something Substantially better.
  5. the tribute premium L2500 is a real nice bass, I have played several and could not tell much of a difference between the trbute one and my USA L2500, other than some very minor fit and finish stuff.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Definitely the Tribute out of those.
  7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    What they said. Also look at some of the new Peaveys, Ibanez, and Spector basses. Lots of deals there that are in the same ballpark as the Tribute. Take your time. Play everything you can lay your hands on and go nuts :D. This will tell you what you like and don't like and allow you to make a better, more informed, decision.

8. Fender MIM jazz bass.

Or a used Rick 4003 or 4001 :ninja:
  9. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    G&L Tribute basses are really nice, I owned a 4-sting for a while. Either that or a used stingray :cool: