I've been very mean today (Sadowsky inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baxter_x, Jul 21, 2018.

1. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Here's my mistake. My new Sadowsky Modern 5.
    DSC_0305.JPG
    DSC_0309.JPG

Attached Files:

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Heck of a mistake. :D

Spidey2112 and baxter_x like this.
  3. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful! Tell us about it! We love stories around here.

baxter_x and kittywithabanjo like this.
  4. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Well it sounds as good as it looks like. I already own a Sadowsky MV5 trans blue. Love it, but the Modern has something hard to describe. After 30 seconds of playing I was sold on it. There is something really special about it. Super rich tone. I can find a little of almost everything. Lakland 55-94, Musicman, PBass....
    The Modern needs more EQ than my MV5. But it never sounds muddy or boomy. It's always clear and clean into the mix and always extremely dynamic. I never played such an insane instrument. IMO it totally surpasses the Lakland 55-94 Deluxe I sold a several months ago. I have to try it onstage now!

5. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Very cool, I’m stoked for you! I’ve been wanting an NYC Modern myself but need to raise the funds.

baxter_x likes this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

great looking ax --- and i'm glad you like it! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

7. the_home

the_home Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Contact me if/when buyer's remorse sets in. I'm here for you.

8. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice, Congrats!

9. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I'm afraid this won't happen. ;)

JLY likes this.
  10. SparkyLB

SparkyLB

Jun 6, 2018
    Now that there's nice. Play the snot out of it.

11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    But.... but...

What are the "mean" and "mistake" parts all about?

12. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Man I wish I could make mistakes like that!

Last mean mistske I made was buying this &[email protected]@&$$&@$ iPhone 6s that I am forced to use for another year and a half! :banghead:

baxter_x likes this.
  13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016

kobass and two fingers like this.
  15. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Guys..... This bass is just...... The best I've ever owned/seen/tried/played/expected/dreamed!
    Yes, it's that good. I'm now considering another one even if I have to sell a kidney or a testi*.
    The Modern series are actually very modern. It sound tight, straight, defined whatever the configuration. If you are into vintage tone, do not even consider this bass.
    It slightly reminds me the straightforward sound the the Musicman, but with a much wider sound palette and the typical Sadowsky tone. The B string sounds and growls like absolutely nothing else. The B string of my Sadowsky MV5-24 sounds good too, but simply not like that!
    The neck is the best I've ever played. I thought my Lakland 55-94 Deluxe was one of the best I ever played. But the Sadowsky Modern is way beyond the Lakland. I use D'addario EPS300-5 Stainless steel tapered strings as I like super clean and massive tone. I really enjoy when strings are very close to the neck for comfort and slap.
    The way I set up the string is so close to it, I feel they actually relay on the neck!
    It's the first time I ever feel an instrument is actually making me a better musician.

A big thanks to Roger @Sadowsky and his team.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021