Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've bought some DR's.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Jul 7, 2005.

1. I bouth some DR Highbeams .40-.100. I just wanna ask how long do they last before they start to give out. Ive been using Dadarrio nickel XL's, I had an odd set, I had a .105 E and the rest were from a .40-100. And my E after a whil of playing would start to get dull anmd basically turn into a flatwound. I would clean itand after a while of playing it would go back. WIll i have the same problem with the CR's are am I going to have to do A cleaning eveytime a start and finish playing?

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    They last pretty well.
    They lose their zing right away, then hold a mild zing for a while, from what I've experienced from my current ones.

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'd say with a constantly played bass...practice 2 times a week and gig 2-3 times a month, DR highbeams would stay bright and relatively zingy for about 2 to 2.5 months before I'd change them.
    Some of my lesser played basses, I can get 3 to 3.5 months out of a set.

4. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    I use the DR's that are stainless steel and they last a really long time. I play a lot and I have gotten really good results with my stainless low riders .45 - .125.