Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've decided on what bass to get

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by squierplayer120, Jan 2, 2005.

1. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I'm buying this bass for 419.98
    this bass

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Solid choice. Should serve you well.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I didn't click on the link...

Is the bass a Fender Standard Jazz Bass in Agave Blue? If so, you'll have to change your sig... ;)

4. Nice choice! Love the color, too. ;)

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Nice choice I have one too, and I have been very happy with it.

6. I've decided on what bass to get

Oh thank God! I couldn't sleep....... ;)

j/k. Nice bass, nice color. But I don't believe you until you post "this is the bass I actually bought".

:D

7. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    I've got that same bass, same color, in fretless. It's and MIM, yes? I love mine. Way better than the price tag. You'll probably love it. The blue with the brown rosewood fretboard really works. I've thought about putting a tortoise shell pickguard to accentuate the blue/brown thing. What do you think?

New sig: agave

8. i actually played the exact same kind of bass at a jam last week, mim fender jazz agave blue, and it actually is a good, solid bass...excellent choice!

9. Yep, i've got that same bass in arctic white. Good thing about it though, you can buy nice replacement parts for it along the way, and have a great playing bass to boot. I've put new gotoh 201 bride, schaller tuning machines, pickguard, and straploks. Next is new dimarzio J pups and a bartolini 2 band pre, and maybe a moses graphite neck. Anyways, they sound good stock, but sound better with better parts. I did hate the stock bridge though, the saddles kept lowering on me until i bought this gotoh. I know I could of applied a tiny bit of lok-tite, but it shouldn't just drop string height intermittantly. Anyways, have fun.

10. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for all your replies

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That and Lake Placid Blue are my two favorite fender colors. Good score.

Ray

12. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I understand you, i always tell my friends what bass i'm going to buy and nothing ever happens :D

13. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Haha yea Lake Placid's awesome