Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've decided to grow my hair out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 2, 2004.

1. ...down to somewhere between my shoulder and elbow. Right now it's fairly short, like low-reg. It should take about 2 years to grow out. My dad is in japan on deployment (he's a marine), but in my last email I mentioned it to him...so we'll see how he takes it :D

I told my mom, but she didn't react much. Probably figures I won't follow through with it. I konw the first year will be hell...I'll most likely grow an afro before I grow 'long' hair :D

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Post a pic now so we can ridicule you for having short hair :p

3. I want to grow it out this length, a little bit longer actually

[​IMG]

4. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I meant a pic of you in your current form when I said "pic of you now".

5. I posted that without reading your post. I had to slouch to fit in this picture. My teeth look yellow for some reason in this pic, my brother always gives me **** about it :D

Meh, this'll take atleast 3 years. :( Atleast it'll be worth the wait.

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Yeah, the long hair will suit you. Especially if we stick you in some technicolor spandex :D The ladies dig that retro vibe. :p

7. Honestly though, you think I'd look ok with long hair? i'd hate to grow it out to realize I look like a moron. Long hair works on some, but not everyone. Like my dad for instance, if he had long hair I would literally die laughing.

8. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I'm gonna be honest man, that's not a great pic to judge by with the slouching/turning thing you got goin on, but I mean, if you start growing it out, and you find it looks really good at a certain length, you can just stop growing it there.

But it's really up to you, I mean go look in the mirror right now, and just use your imagination, and grow it down to your shoulder/etc. If you think it looks good in your head, go for it, y'know? It's really hard for me to give a vaild second opinion with out a better pic.

9. Yeah I want to get a wig (LOL) just to wear around the house and see if I vibe to it at all, but we don't have one, and I don't want to buy one.

I really really want long hair though, so I'm gonna go for it

10. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Fair enough man.

Hopefully in due time, I'll be able to grow my hair out, and get either the John Myung or John Petrucci hair thing going on, but I feel that my balding dad is out to get me right now so....

P.S. The wig idea is cool man, but get a professional one, as opposed to some sorta clown shop one. The difference between the two in quality is amazing.

11. Dude, your hair genes come from your mothers fathers gene pool, or something like that. My grandpa is bald, but luckily I WONT go bald, because my parents said that if I were to go bald, I'd have started balding already. btw I'm 18 as of next friday

COOL 3 years from now, I'll have my long hair and I'll go out legally to a tittie bar and get drunk :hyper: :D :hyper: :D

12. Dude, it's not going to take 3 years to grow it long. Mine's longer at shoulder length already and the last time I cut it short was about a year ago.

So long as you only trim it back occasionally, I reckon you'll get it done in a year and a half.

But I'm no expert. :D

13. Well I've asked alot of people at the Metallica forum (if anyone knows anything bout growing long hair, it's them :D ) and they've said it takes a few years.

Though mine does grow fairly fast. MAN IF I COULD HAVE HAIR LIKE IN THAT PIC UP THERE IN 1 YEAR I WOULD ****ING **** MYSELF!! :D :D :D

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    3 years? psh
    took me 3 minutes :p

[​IMG]

15. Fair enough. Everyone's growth rate is different. And they should know, eh? :bassist: lol

Aaahh! Mullet! :eek: :bag:

16. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

K you talked me out of. jk :D

+50,000 for Wrong Robot :D

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    While I don't care what you do to your head-hair, I think you SHOULD grow a goat like the one I gave you in that picture.

18. Nah - you like Metallica, you grow handle-bar moustache. You take picture, you make it move, you have as avatar.

:D

19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I can get into tittie bars and get drunk in three years too. BuI'm sixteen.

Wooo Canada! :D

20. Dude, you can get drunk now! Nothing's stopping you!

Sixteen, man, I'm almost 17 and some of my friends are constantly drunk.

:D