Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've finally found a cure for G.A.S. ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Sep 7, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    ...buy a new house!

Yep, there goes my mad money. The 'ol lady, four Greyhounds and I are moving to a town about 30 miles south of here. After 16 years in our "starter home", it was time.

We're getting a much larger home in a nice part of town, and are doubling our square footage on the main floor (both our old and new homes are ranches) plus gaining a full basement. So, we're going from 990 square feet to over 2000 total, plus the basement, a 2 1/2 car garage and an attic storage room. I'll finally have room for a permanent practice space! Our neighbors are going from gangbanger wannabes and boom cars to business owners and professionals.

So, I may be a bit scarce around here for the next month or two. I'll still be checking in at least daily, but will probably be mostly in lurk mode.

Someone else take up the defense of Bag End, Steinbergers, RBIs and Tacoma ABGs while I'm gone, m'kay?

2. Along with the GAS I've gotta big case of "Been there, Done that's"

Congratulations on the acquisition. Now you've got to come up with some clever title for it like "palacial estate" or "sprawling manor" :)

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Now I don't want to buy a house, I like my GAS attacks!!

Congrats!

4. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    [​IMG]

All the landscaping has me freaked...there goes my weekends.

Quite an improvement from our old place, eh?

[​IMG]

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice lookin house HD! Glad to hear you're moving up in the world. New houses rock (Been in my share of them!)

6. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    What town are you in now? Nice house!

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Ver' nice, ver' nice. Congratulations! Let's see... 30 minutes south puts you in... Midlothien? Joliet? I don't know. I never go on the south side unless I'm going to Tinley Park. (Is it Tinley Park? How convenient would that be? Concerts galore!)

8. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Near Elgin now (Streamwood), going to Aurora...

9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Congrats on the new pad. I too just moved (and am still remodeling:( ) If your expierence is anything like mine has been, all I have to say is this "See ya around"

10. I wish things were that green here. :(