Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i've finally got it-extreme GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikewho, Apr 16, 2005.

1. so i finally played a fretless 4 string warwick corvette yesterday, and my god, it was everything i dreamed of and more. $900 though, and i'm actually planning on buying a half stack soon (or, hopefully, going halfway with my folks on it, as it's my birthday in a few weeks). however, i just bought a new bass in november for $400, but lately i haven't been digging it so much. i think i may actually get a job, sell my bass, and buy the warwick. keep in mind that this is very uncharacteristic of me, as i am a very lazy person though. still, i think it's worth it...should i go for it? i'm going to need moral support from my fellow TBers who know all about GAS to get through this :bassist:

2. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Not much sympathy for someone who describes themselves as lazy, and has no money for what sounds like a sweet Warwick!

(Get a job and get the Warwick silly!!)

3. ++1. :)

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I am dying of GAS for a Streamer LX 5, but being a poor student overwhelmed already with work I just don't have time to work for money. But summer is almost here, so then I can make some money and hopefully get my own warwick!

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    It's a great feeling buying something after you've worked hard to be able to afford it.

Get a job then get that Warwick! :)

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Well, I`ve just bought the same bass last month.
    I really dig the way it sounds. It`s got plenty of "mwah"
    and it`s pretty confy to play

I`m not a big Warwick fan (I sometimes find them a bit overpriced) but this is one is great. Besides, it`s not so easy
    to find a good fretless withi Ebony FB for under $900.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    But if you search around on the used market, you can find one. I've heard about people getting it for less than $700...

Go work, sell the bass you don't like and buy a fretless Corvette and live happily ever after :smug:

8. haha cool, i'm glad you guys are all with me on this one.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've said it before and I'll say it again-you can buy used Warwick Corvette Standards much cheaper than the $900 Guitar Center price tag. I got a Corvette Standard fretless 4 (like the one you want) for $450, and it's only flaws were two nicks in the headstock. Search the classifieds-they turn up fairly regularly for about $500-600.