I've finally gotten the schecter!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kronos, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Check it out folks!

I have plans for this puppy. I'm going to be getting some flame maple veneer for the p'ups courtesy Gallery Hardwoods, and I'll also be upgrading the EQ, by buying the EMG stacked bass/treble and Vari Mid pots...Then, I'll be getting maple stacked knobs and replacing the satin gold...what do you guys think?

P.S. I need support to get me through the delivery period!
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Very underrated basses. Great bang for the buck! Congrats.
  3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Haha. well.... I personally have never liked the sound of those basses, but enjoyed greatly how they felt. ... i think....

Im very happy to hear youre upgrading the electronics... so youre going active? upgrading the pups, too?
  4. it looks soo nice already...
  5. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    The electronics are already active..I just want more versatility. I already have a bass with the EMG HZ pickups in them, and personally I like the sound.
  6. i've heard lots of bad crap about HZ's. how do they sound to you?
  7. Congrats! My friend played his in his old grindcore band. The demo's mix is so-so, and they hella downtune, but it always sounded good to me:

8. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Can't wait too see the finished product. I seen one in my recent trip to GC and it looked smokin'. Next time I will defiently play it.
  9. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA

Those guys are pretty good! I like their stuff. Sounds to me like they tune to C# (at least on the first song...). If you like those guys, feel free to check out my band...it's the link in my sig.

When I get the bass, it's going to stay in standard tuning, and take the place of the Ibanez SR885 I've been playing lately. Not that I don't like the Ibby, it's just that I've played 3 black ibanez's in my lifetime before this, it felt like second nature, but it also felt like dating an ex. I might actually sell it and put the money towards an Avatar cab.

Anyhow, I digress. Definitely check our stuff out. You'll like what you hear.
  10. Yeah man, it WAS C or C#, now that I think about it.

I heard some of your guys stuff, and I like it OK...the death metal influence is good, but some of it is just too metalcore-ish for me. Not bad though! :D
  11. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Nice bass I have a Schecter Stilleto Elite5, I traded my Ibanez BTB405QM for it, and loven it.
  12. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I like 'em. I have the HZ's in my ESP LTD F255, with active electronics (bass/mid/treb), and they're pretty versatile with that setup.