I've finished my first HTML page!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Woohoo!

My HTML Project

Now I bet you're saying "Hey, I went to the site in her sig, and that looks pretty neat-o. Why's this one so lame?"

Well, I've been reading an online HTML code tutorial, because I was interested in learning about how all these great things come together. Some of the tags I was familiar with from here (unfortunately the tutorial didn't cover smilies though :( :D ) but I still learnt a lot. And even though it's a basic page, there are a few elements in there that I intend to add to my other sites, for example the name anchors (I've always wanted to know how that works, and now I know!)

Anyway, it may not look like much, but I'm proud of it. It took me a whole couple of hours to do. :D

I'm now officially an Internet geek. :help:
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    some tape for your glasses and a pocket protector will be shipped to you ASAP! Welcome to the club
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Awesome! Good job. However, you can't be an internet geek until you use an alternative browser (Opera, FireFox) and/or an internet relay chat client (mIRC).

Or, you could just use Linux ;).
  4. I use that sometimes... but I'm no expert. I'm mastering the /me technique ATM. :D

/me tries, but doesn't get far.

Ok, so I'm not that geeky. Does that make me a try-hard geek? :eek:
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    "Geek in training" is more like it. :smug:
  6. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    wow honey that's so good!! :D

my boyfriend is a super professional web designer and he's always trying to teach me, but it's just too confusing.
  7. I can't write websites without using HTML. All those damn programs that are out now are just too much for me. Nevertheless, congrats on your first work of art!

8. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    An Eric Meyer tutorial? You've got good, clean HTML markup in there - wait until Mr Meyer unleashes his CSS tricks :D

Wulf (geeking away in a webdesign job with Mozilla Firefox running on Linux ;) )
  9. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    • whoa
    • im
    • also
    • learning
    • how
    • to
    • do
    • bullet
    • things
  10. Huh? What? What the hell did my results mean? I followed that tutorial step by step, k, so if it's not valid then go tell someone who cares. :mad:

I use one of the dangfangled programmes for my other sites - it's the reverse for me. (BTW thanks for your PM Leigh)

:D I had to fill that space up with something.
  11. Like lines? I do too. Here are some:

Nice job, both on the page and on it being funny with things like the above :)

:bag: you should add: I know my abc's, look: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy and z :bag:

12. Haha, I re-read my site before and realised I was kinda having a conversation with myself... :ninja: :D

You mean there are more than seven letters in the alphabet? :confused: :D
  13. t h e a l p h a b e t....their are 11 (7 different) letters in "the alphabet" :rolleyes: :D

I sometimes have conversations with myself and my friends feel left out :p
  14. You know what I meant. :scowl: :D
  15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah, well I wrote my own countdown script.

[05:36] <Tornus> Tornus turns seventeen in 9wks 5days 7hrs 49mins 2secs

See? Hoho!
  16. Meh, scripts are a bit much for me. I'm still amused by the /me command. :D
  17. Good Job! I remember when I was just starting out doing web pages. I had this guy in Canada that I used to play some flight simulators with teach me a fair amount of HTML and then I just started learning my own. I now do a little PHP and Java Script editing also, but I sure ain't no pro at it. Keep it up though, you'll find out that once you get going with it, it's easy to remember it all and use it correctly.
  18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  19. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    HTML, meh.

You should try PHP.