I've found the best deodorant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ericman197, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    It's the Ban roll-on classic. I used to be a pompous, arrogant Right Guard spray-on user. I used Right Guard religiously until my parents let me in on a little secret: Ban. A few swipes later I was in armpit heaven. Gone was the foul odor of Right Guard and in was the fresh scent of Ban. Even a day later I was still smelling somewhat presentable. With Right Guard, I'd be sweating like a dog through it's paws in a heat spell. Now, I am king.

All behold Ban.
  2. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't care what the best is so long as more people get into the habit of using enough of it.
  3. I use them mineral crystals. Works like a charm, and it's natural.
  4. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I've tried those, they weren't half bad. I thought it was supposed to go on before deodorant though?
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Same here, except I use a liquid spray. No perfume! I hate the smell of too much or deteriorating perfume, most ingredients are somewhat hazardous too.

Works great.
  6. Mitchum is awesome(the label even says "You can even skip a day", which is true). But recently i've switched to plain ole Oldspice High Endurance. The thing about anti persperants/deoderant is they clog up your sweat pores, and I believe that doesn't sound very healthy. So now I get just deoderant(not anti persperant), which just masks the smell, but usually last for a day.
  7. Naw, the crystal IS the deodorant, and the one I use doesn't have any perfume, per se. I had no idea they sold a liquid....sounds interesting.
  8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Secret - strong enough for a man, made for a woman . . . and the only thing that keeps this big, hairy, sweaty bassplayer dry. :p
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Is there still concern over a link between Alzheimer's and anti-perspirent? I can't remember.
  10. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I can't remember either. Better put on more...
  11. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

What are we talking about? :D
  12. The Aluminum added to anti-perspirants makes my pits break out like yeast infection or something...hence the crystal. I can use just about any deodorant-only product...but add in the anti-perspirant, and I'm out.
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its all about Brut.

It sounds as manly as it smells.

I skip several days at a time to get that really manly smell going.
  14. I don't know about the link, but most anti persperant has some ingridient with aluminum in it , which has been found to cause alzheimers. Not sure if there is enough in anti persperant to seriously mess someone up, but who knows.

"To stay dry you would have to use an antiperspirant, which uses aluminum chloride to block the sweat ducts and keep perspiration from escaping. Many people feel that stopping perspiration can work to the detriment of our health. Also, since the skin under our arms tends to be thinner, and since there are numerous lymph nodes in the axillary area, aluminum salts can be easily absorbed and may find themselves circulating throughout the body. Aluminum is a toxic metal that has been linked to immune dysfunction and Alzheimer’s disease."

Got this off some deoderant site. http://www.nutribiotic.com/Deoderant.htm
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    thanks, I will continue to use only deoderants.
  16. I use Teen Spirit (it smells like teen spirit!) in Carribian Cool. :smug: :D

The one smell of Deoderant that I HATE is The Axe Effect. My friend used to bring that to school all the time and spray it on everyone. Gawd, that was so nasty. :spit:
  17. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, but their commercials are freakin' funny :p
  18. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    You know, I've actually had to use my wife's a couple of times when I ran out. PH balanced for a woman my arse...that stuff works just fine for a man. However, my wife wasn't too happy to find hair on her stick of deodorant.
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I didn't know that but I quit using anti-perspirant years ago because I never felt comfortable about purposefully stopping up my pores. The only problem is that the gel kind of deodorant is the only kind I've found that consistently doesn't irritate my pits and that stuff is hard to find. My local wal-mart or grocery store don't carry it. I have to go to Walgreen's or Eckerd's Drug Stores and sometimes they are sold out of it.

brad cook
  20. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    That is the worst stuff, ever. A now former idiot coworker of mine bathed in it one day before work :scowl:

A very good friend/customer came into the store, sniffed, looked right at him and said "to quote Ted Nugent, you smell like a French wh*re" The look on now former coworker's face was priceless, and he never smelled that bad again. :D