1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I've got £250.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe164, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Joe164

Joe164

Aug 26, 2008
    Leicester, UK
    ...or i will do soon.

I've always wanted to get a cheap bass (Probhably a squier as im a serious fender fan) to mod to be a backup which i can beat up and cover in stickers without regretting it.

Any reccomendations in the squier line? I was thinking either CV jazz, pete wentz precison (throw your stones-i'd cover up the bats and fyi, i played one and it was rather good), or maybe precision special. The idea of a jazz would be cool because i've been through 3 precisions already and want a change. Maybe the precision special would be a nice compromise. :help:

It's either a new bass or i get a cheap guitar+amp or drums.

2. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    SX.

Even with the shipping and slight amount of import duty you'll pay, it's STILL a better deal than a Squier. And you'll have money left over.

http://www.rondomusic.net

3. Emmaemme

Emmaemme

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to StickerTALK.

How much of your budget are you willing to spend stickers? How much will you have left over for the bass?

4. Well, I think you should go for a Squier VM series. The Pete Wentz (Without the bat) seems like a good idea. If I were you, though, I'd either get the white and black Squier VM P, or the sparkly blue classic vibe 50's P.

5. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Get a Squier Vintage Modified bass or a Classic Vibe bass. These are fantastic basses for the money and fall in you budget easily.