1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I've got a dumb plan, I need suggestions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryan morris, Feb 13, 2002.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hey, I am sitting here wondering how all of these different basses sound and why I can only get like 4 different sounds out of mine and I came up with a plan. Well, the first plan was to start a bass swap organization that traded basses with eachother every week, but for many reasons that would fail. Then I thought, well, why don't I just trade my Thumb N/T 5 in for 2 cheaper basses that have all kinds of different tone options and really great construction. Or 1 really unique sounding bass. I am looking at 4 strings. Any suggestions of where to start. I was thinking Spector, Modulus, G&L, and the like. I play with a dj and a vocalist. I like mid growl. Piezo pu's would be excellent on one. Natural or grass green finish is a must. Balance and comfort are also heavily considered. Anyways, thanks, and later, Ryan

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Throw in some money, get a Wal. Mids all to hell and back.

3. Have Dave Pushic build you a custom with Bart Quad coils. That ought to give you a lot of tones. His website iswww.dpcustom.com

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Comfort/balance, unique tone, growly mids, green= modulus q4:D

5. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The Modulus Q4 sounds right up my ally. What about a custom Zon?