1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I've got a new member in the bass family!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Donavan321, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin
    So recently, I picked up a very interesting bass. It's got weight to it, it has the feel of a japanese Fender. The brand is Vineyard it's an all "natural wood" colored bass, with a red pearloid pickguard, somewaht large abalone dot inlays(I'm adding some abalone block inlays instead) I can't find alot of info on the net about it. However, I did find out.... the parts/hardware came from Japan, and it was assembled here in the US, and boy, it sounds great. I've owned 1 Rickenbacker, several generic branded basses, squier jazz basses, yamaha, 1 korean jazz and 2 mexican fenders. This thing is FAR superior in sound, looks, and feel to every one of those basses(minus the Ric of course) I took it down to my local GC and showed the repair guy my new partner. Now, this guy have done service work to probably 13 other basses of mine, and he said this one was THE BEST out of all of them. The logo on the headstock is slightly raised, so if you run your finger along it you can feel the lettering. All of this, with a nice shiny lacquer finish. The fretboard is a very dark shiny rosewood. I love this thing, and best of all, I got it free from a good buddy who's moving away. Who wants pictures?

2. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Nov 1, 2009
    Geneva Ohio
    Hell yes we wanna see pictures! Post them up!

zontar, .BumeStik. and Donavan321 like this.
  3. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Fair warning, the stunning beauty of this bass might break the camera! Oops, oh well...at least the camera and not the bass :p

4. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Pics! The public demands pics!!!!

.BumeStik. likes this.
  5. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin
    IMG_20140603_212105. I'm in the market for a geddy lee look alike jazz or MIM fender jazz for trade on local CL. The pictures, don't do justice, this thing is astonishing in person, that's an understatement!

Attached Files:

6. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin

Attached Files:

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    congrats on your new purchase. I've recently purchased a Fernandes atlas 5x and sounds totally awesome. I really like how it looks and sounds. Even my friends and family digs this bass. My brother complimented that my Fernandes atlas bass looks like gene simmon's punisher bass. It's a keeper. And I'll bet your new bass is a keeper too.

Donavan321 likes this.
  8. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Want to share some pictures with me of your new fernandes?

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Great-looking bass! Congrats!

10. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aug 31, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Thanks Jeff! And the best part, there aren't any nicks, scratches, dings or any sign of wear and tear on the body or neck(maybe a little on the neck, but hardly ANYTHING noticeable) I like my stuff in PRISTINE shape, lol. But then again, I wouldn't turn down a decent road-worn jazz either.

11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I wish I could, but for some reason, I couldn't be able to post pics on this website.