Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've got a real car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Not that anyone really cares, but what the hell. I complained enough abut the old one.

Just fer reference my old car was a 1989 Honda Civic Hatchback with less than 100,000 miles on it that was the worst piece of crap I ever owned in my life. I know lots of people have great ones, but mine sucked - bad. Everything including the seats was crumbling before my eyes. I had to drive around with the heat on in 90 degree weather to keep it from overheating. I got tird of trying to have that fixed after three unsuccesful visits (robberies) from my mechanic. Anyhow - I donated the car and got a really sweet deal on a....

1998 Hyundai Tiberon with only 54,000 miles. Mint condition, great AC, airbags on both sides, power stuff, a CD player. A car was always something that was used to get me from point A to B. That may have been why I was always so freaking miserable driving. This thing looks amazing - and feels like I'm sitting in my living room. I never thought I'd get emotional over a car - but I love this thing as much as my Bongo. Jest felt like sharing. :D

This isn't my actual car - but it looks just like it

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=182790606&dealer_id=72939&car_year=1998&make=HYUND&distance=0&lang=en&max_price=&model=TIBURO&sponsorModel=&end_year=1998&min_price=&certified=&address=11235&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1998&isp=y&cardist=1111#vdptop

2. That's sweet, I got the 2000 version:

Tiburon 2000

REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL shweet. wish it was diesel though, the gas prices are stupid high around here.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    thats some miles.

4. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
  5. Joe, how would you get a couple of 2x15 cabs in that car? A real car is a van or pickup. Congratulations and have fun.

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland

David......That's a hair dressers car!! :D :D

7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    sweet lookin ride you got there

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Time to find a new mechanic.

Seriously.

Congrats on the new ride.

9. congrats on the new ride. good luck transporting a rig. i have an accord coupe and can't fit anything other than my bass and my head.