Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've Got Clips...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Some people have been asking me for clips, and i've finally got some.

Major 3rd Flat 3rd is just me playing single notes, and rocking between the toe up (minor 3rd) and toe down (major 3rd) to get a basic chord progression going.
    Spiders is me playing in dropped D tuning (BDADGC), but using the Drop Tune feature to make it sound like i'm tuned CGCF.
    Calm Like a Bomb is me playing with the Octave Down (toe up) and Octave Up (toe down) feature along with the Vintage Guv'nor and 105Q. I'm really only keeping my fingers on 3 frets after the intro, I just use the Whammy to jump between octaves.
    The Resolution is 2 Tool songs (Disposition and Reflection) played in a medley of sorts. It uses my Line 6 Echo Park on Analog Delay, and the Whammy is set at a 5th up with the toe up and a 7th up with the toe down. Notice the "Whammy slides" as I like to call them.
    Whammy Shallow is "Come As You Are" by Nirvana. This is basically a chorus effect.
    King Nothing is me in standard tuning and i'm using the Drop Tune function. Jason Newsted tunes down a half step, but I figured out that if I push my Whammy a little bit forward, but not all the way, I can get a half step. :hyper: Also, i'm using the Rocktek Phaser for a little bit.
    Sad But True is me in standard tuning but i'm using the Drop Tune feature. Jason Newsted tunes DGCF on that track, and with the Drop Tune feature, it does all the work for me! :)
    My Friend Fats has no use of Whammy in it, but it's really fun to play because I use the reverse delay on my Echo Park. You know how Claypool does tons of divebombs and clicks his strings on the fretboard? Well I don't have a whammy bar, and chances are you don't either. What you do is hold the 13th fret (or whatever) with your left hand and take your right hand and slap the string that you're fretting. If you want a pic i'll be glad to show you one.
    *NEW* Lateralus

If you have any other songs you want me to upload, just request away below!

http://www.putfile.com/petary791/

2. I can't help you out on the hosting but when someone does, can you post a clip of the Guv'nor and 105Q together?

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hey I edited my post since then, but yeah i'm gonna get "Calm Like a Bomb" up. Mind you I accidently put the wah after my distortion, but i'm really tired right now so i'm not gonna re-record it in front of the wah yet.

4. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    damni need a distortion pedal badly..

that calm like a bomb sounded pretty dope :)

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The man's got good chops! :bassist:

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hey, thanks man! :smug:

7. wow my bass just arrived as i was listening to your clips.... :D

I really like all your clips but perticularly the my friend fats and disposition....i was wonder if maybe you can send me a private message giving me an idea behind the tabs of disposition.

If not thats cool, disposition has been my favorite tool song sense lateralus came out.

Cheers

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'll be sending you a PM. It's gonna be kinda complicated though. I'll transcribe it for the new Whammy IV, not the Bass Whammy.

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I added a clip. Lateralus. On this song, i'm just playing the low notes, and i'm rocking between an octave up with the toe down, and regular with the toe up. Sorry if there's pitched changes and stuff, I was playing with no other music. :smug:

10. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I liked your 'Fats' - nice work.