Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've got GAS... for a Warr?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 10, 2002.

1. I've got GAS for a Warr Guitar (yes, that Warr, played by Trey Gunn in King Crimson) i've been wondering how much they go for used, since my friend John won't let me borrow his stick:)( ) i'm guessing these go for the 800-1200 range used. what do you think?

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I suspect that a good used Warr is going to be closer to $2000. New, they go for anywhere from about $3K to $4.5k depending on what options you choose.
    I have a new loaded Graphite Chapman Stick for sale for $2200. You can look it up on bassgear.com and ebay.
    I wish that I had the "calming" sense that others did prior to my purchase! I sold two of my best basses, ordered this state of the art Stick and quickly discovered how much I missed my basses and how little I enjoyed the Stick! Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic instrument, just not for me.
    If you're interested in the Stick let me know!
    Thanks

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Yeah, your average used Stick runs $800-$1200, though the new graphite ones are more.

I don't think I've seen a used Warr for less than $1500, and indeed $2k isn't ureasonable. They're also much harder to find than Sticks.

New warr prices

4. I'll go with the stick first.. now if i could just get the money...