I've got GAS! Springfield EMP - Anybody tried one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soulgeezer, May 20, 2007.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    I've got some serious GAS -- For one of these (in .40 or .45GAP):

[​IMG]

The new Springfield Armory EMP has been extensively and positively reviewed in a number of the gun mags. I like the looks of this baby 1911, but I'm always nervous about being an "early adopter" of new designs and technologies.

Has anybody had a chance to shoot one of these little beauties? If so, chime in and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

2. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Nope, haven't seen it yet. But I want an XD so bad it's unreal! I've been really impressed with my limited time with Springfield stuff.

3. SG,

Pick up the July/August American Handgunner, it's on the cover! There's also a big spread on Benchmade's line of tactical knives :hyper: It should be on the stands soon.

I handled the EMP at the SHOT Show, cool little blaster. I'm tempted.

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    That design and technology has been around for close to a hundred years and is STILL about as good as it gets.

As a carry piece, I've always found longer barrels carry better and more securely if you're an inside the waistband guy.

S.A. has been around forever. They don't make junk.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm interested in this gun.

Soulgeezer,

Have you ever seen a NEGATIVE review in a gun mag?! :meh:

Stubi -

XD = Great gun! :)

bc

6. Most gun companies send the magazines guns that work. Look for owner reviews on the various forums. The 1911 has been around for years but the EMP (and soon several others) are a scaled down version, making use of the shorter rounds. I'm sure it was a challenge but I have full faith in Springfield Armory.

On the cover of the July 07 Guns magaze (AH's sister publication) there's a Sig C3 in .45acp. It's not a scaled down 1911, just a compact 1911, VERY cool!! Lots of interesting stuff coming out this year.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021