Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've got the best wife ever.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tnavis, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey all-

So, I recently got married (October 11th, to be specific) and my lovely bride bought me a Pedulla Pentabuzz as a wedding present.

I have the greatest wife in the history of wives.

It gets better. Since she knows how picky I am about my equipment, she worked out a deal with the place she bought it from, where I can return to get whatever color, pickup configuration, string spacing, etc. that I like. My problem now (not that you'd really call it a problem) is deciding which string spacing to get. With the Pentabuzz, I can choose between standard and 19mm. The loaner bass that I have has the 19mm. It feels pretty good, but kind of wide. I can't find anyplace that has a Pedulla with standard spacing so that I can compare. Any thoughts?

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    She sounds like a keeper :) The bass doesn't sound bad either :) *lol* Congrats on both!

3. Keep her! My wife bought me a 1987 Pedulla Buzz that sings like no other. She also bought me the NAMM Trace Elliot T-Bass from Bill Kaman. Talk about a smokin' bass! Marriage is a great thing.

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Since it was a wedding gift, I would say keep it. This is a special gift with a great deal of meaning and emotion behind it. This bass is a symbol of love given to you, from your wife. It represents a bridge from her to you and from you to music. This bass connects her to your passion. When she sees you playing this bass, she is going to see the bass that she gave you. Imagine how she would feel if you took it back because the bass she gave was not good enough. You cant just take it back and get a new one. You gotta keep it. How do I know this? Oct. 5 was my one year anniversary. I am just trying to help a brother out. She will tell it is o.k. to tack it back and get what you want, but do realize that it is NOT o.k. You will hurt her feelings. The degree to which you hurt her will depend on your wife. I would reccomend either getting used to the spacing or buy the bridge that Pedulla uses for the other bass the different spacing.

5. Does your wife have a sister. Id love to have a gal like that by my side. :D

6. My wife is great too (baby due end of June), but she has never bought me a bass.:( ;) She has forgiven me for my bass purchases, however.:D

7. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    Now THAT is almost better :). and congrats... make a family trio soon :)

8. Thanks.:)

Tnavis, congrats on the bass and marriage!:)

9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, nice to see another Minnesotan here. Where is Montrose again?

10. there is nothing like a spouse who believes in you and what you do. I played my first solo show this past weekend and my wife was right there cheering me on!

someone get JT to post the story about his wife's great gift!!

from the low end,

Stew

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

If your wife has any sisters, please post pics asap!!

Rob

12. HEY! take a number! :D

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    O'kay Buddy, get in line for the best wife in the world thing. Mine not only got me my FSR 75RI SE in CAR but just bought me a 1001RB 2x10 combo. Heck I already had 9 Fenders and another GK combo when she did this! She basically let's me buy whatever I want! Beat That!
    O'kay just kidding about the contest but to have a wife in your corner as a musician is more than half the battle. When we get older and still want to play and pursure interest and goals we had when we were younger it is inperative that you have someone with you that understands and is willing to sacrifice time and money to make or let you be happy. She IS a keeper. God bless you!:)

14. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry guys, she doesn't have any sisters. I talked to her about keeping the one she gave me, but she really wants me to pick out the one I want. She was actually all set to custom order one for me, but she changed her mind at the last minute. What I could do is order the one she wanted to get me. It's nice having these kinds of problems :)

Romeoarmada, Montrose is way out west on 12 past Delano. I should update my profile, as I'm living closer to the metro area since the wedding. My band still rehearses out in the sticks though.

15. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Well, mine has bought me 2 Ken Lawrence Brase 5's, a Lakland 55-94 and an Ashdown ABM C110-300! Yes, she has sisters but they are NOTHING like her!

I've been spoiled for 27 years now - I'm amazed that she has put up with me for that long!

Dan K.