Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've Gotten my NEW baby.(Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groove Tools, Mar 20, 2004.

1. I had to wait for my Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman to arrive because I wanted a new one so GC had to order a new one. but whatever. here it its. its sounds trully amazing anf the pickups really give life to this bass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

please share your opinion.

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Exellent GT!!! I've been waiting to see what you were going to pick up. It's sweet. Get some sound clips up on your site for us. I just got my GT7 today. -Luke

3. I know Dude I'll get some tommorow morning. Its sounds very nice. I love the GT7 but I had to sell mine because I needed the money for this. I like this one better but they are really close. I guess 5 is the way to got for me and that pickups make the bass so nice you have a switch there for the pickups like as a selector. and also a 3 way preamp very powerful.

4. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    What are some of the specs? Wood configurations and such. -Luke

5. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Just listened to "Higher than the sky",nice clip Pablo. What did it run you in $$$? -Luke

6. Swap Ash body with Flamed Maple Top.
    Mec "large pole"and a Mec passive J
    MEC BEC II 3 way preamp run @ 9 volts.
    Fully adj bridge and nut
    Wenge finger board
    Ovangkol neck.
    Gold hardware.
    34" Scale

thats it I guess. hehehe

7. Well I get them for cost price so $1230 but it lists for $2349 so a GC price would be around $1800 ?? not sure though.

8. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Good deal,good deal. :D :hyper: -Luke

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    brass nut?

Also does anybody have pictures of gloss ocean turquiose streamer jazzman with black hardware. I think this will the setup for my next bass purchase at the end of the summer.

10. I'm not sure how they call it but I guess its the unique warwick Adjustable A-nut.

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Is the nut brass or plastic?

12. plastic.

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    thanks for answer, sounds like you got an excellent deal. When you start to hate it and you know you will, you can send it my way :D

14. Lol Its kinda hard to hate this baby hehehe but I'll tell you if some one is selling his.

15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have a 96 Vette standard 4 with the solid wenge neck and brass nut, that i will probably keep forever. Good playability and tone and yadda yadda.

Do you know somebody at the store to get that price or are you just a master haggler?

16. hehehehe no I actually know someone. (the guitar player of my band) I got my ampeg SVT-3 pro head for 700 and my 4x10 ampeg cab for 400 everything new. hehehe. nice huh.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    wish i knew somebody like that Mobro (kinda like a regional GC).

one second thought most of those guys are jerks so never mind. :D

18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    AFAIK they have Seymour Duncan Basslines 3-band preamps, and not MECs in FNAs and FNA Jazzmans - thats at least what my owners manual says. If you have volume/pickup pan/slap contour (pull), trebel, mid, bass and series/parallel switch, then you have the SD pre. :)

Honey violin? Looks nice... Enjoy! ;) :cool:

19. Cool but the pickups say MEC. I dont know about the preamp though.

20. that's a beautiful bass...I would buy a warwick, but I don't wanna have to deal with waxing it and all that jazz...