I've heard of antique but this is pushing it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ben_P, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    First just let me say that I like Keith Roscoe's work and have not played this bass so for all I know it probably sounds great (I'm saying all this in advance to avoid another Wishnevsky thread). But what is supposed to be? A sun or flames or is it supposed to look like a rusty bass? Am I missing something? Is it actually supposed to look like rust? Is Iron Oxide the new cocobolo?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. It is supposed to be a sh_t splatter.:D
  3. Well, as you may know, Roscoe does something they call their Icon instruments each year or so. These have crazy woods, inlays, finishes etc. Examples I have see are Whappo Grande's very pretty Icon Dragon, this and the faux marble bass they had a Bass NW a while back. The finish looks a little cooler in person, but it's not my vibe either and has been a tough sell for them.

4. sweet ! that thing is georgeous (sp?) :)
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    BassNW has had that particular bass for sale for a long time. IIRC they have had it for around a year or more.

To me, Roscoes look much better with the transparent finishes over figured maple or other nice woods. That solid colored one with the poop stain just don't look like a Roscoe is suppose to look, to me anyway.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    ::Brian Fellow voice on::

That bass is wierd
    ::Brian Fellow voice off::

I bet it sounds good.. I just don't like the finish