I've hit a wall

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Creatively i'm not doing so well. Right now i'm in 2 bands. I've currently composed almost all of the music for both of them. I write evryones parts: guitar, drums, (keys if necessary) along with my own bass parts. I'm burned out, I have no ideas left.. Should I just take a break? If not, what should I do to get the creative juices flowing?
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Taking a break is good.. But also try listening to some new music... Maybe listening to some unfamiliar genres will give you new ideas and motivation.
  3. Lay off of it for a little while. Think less about creative output and more about input. Allow yourself to be inspired by something you find interesting, whether it be art, other music, movies, books, etc. It's hard to sustain a high level of creative output for a long period of time. Give yourself a break.

You'll be back at it before you know it.
  4. Find people who can write their own parts, then you won't get burned out so easily :D
  5. yeah, thats what i was going to say as soon as you said you write all the parts down yourself...tell them to write some songs, or at least have them come up with some knid of riff that may inspire you...