1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I've managed to buy the simplest and most complicated D class heads on the market!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocksolid, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. And quite frankly, I love them both!

I have the Bergantino B|Amp for 6 months or so now, and love the options, the overdrive sounds, and memory options. I love the way it runs my NV115s, and also my Fender Neo Cabs.

On a whim a month ago, I purchased a Quilter bass block with the intention of selling my Power Amp, and using the Quilter in its place when running Pedal boards with pre-amps such as my THDI and VTBD. The super simple pre and EQ sounds great! I could happily walk out the door with the Quilter only.

There is some truly great gear around at the moment!

IMAG0352_zpsfqmsygjx.jpg

floydman, lo-freq, Fred312b and 8 others like this.
  2. You must have money to burn down under!! LOL :D

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Can you tell a difference between how hard they hit down low?

4. They both hit pretty hard. Flat I think the BB800 has it, but they are both capable of awesome low end grunt if that's your thing. I said it somewhere else on TB, The B|Amp with Pat Quilters power section would seriously be something to behold!

lo-freq likes this.
  5. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I bought those two and the Tantra. I don't know if there has ever been a more complicated amp made than the Tantra but the comparison you are making is valid. BTW just run the line out of the B|Amp into the line in of the BB800. 36_SNAMM_D1_SonicFarmAudio_Tantra_WEB.jpg

foderaman, Rocksolid and lo-freq like this.