I've never seen any talk about Fender Dimension here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Human Bass, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    And I want to know why?! It seems a pretty cool bass, even the bridge seems to be a good one. Or it just seems cool but isnt? :meh: :confused:
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  3. its just...eh....i guess it'd be versatile, but modern basses like that make me wanna puke. its just bleh...those are my best words to describe it
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    It doesn't look fender-y to me. It may as well be a yamaha or an ibanez.
  5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    hehe, and a bunch of people are dogging about fender for sticking to the formula...
  6. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    that headstock doesn't look like Fender at all.
  7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Neck looks wide... or is it me?

Ive never heard of that bass before, but have no great aspirations to try it out..
  8. it looks like an ibanez SR bass, and the neck does look very wide

9. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Ahm...someone who actually played the 4 string version could give an opinion please?
  10. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i think they borrowed alot of looks from their jackson branch.
  11. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    IMO its just another Fender to milk the school boy's lunchmoney.
  12. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Not sure what you're saying here. The bass you've posted looks fine- nice wide 24 fret neck, decent bridge, reasonably modern headstock conducive to good balance. I admit I can't see what the pups look like, tho.

No, it doesn't look like a traditional Fender, but if it's a quality instrument (I have no idea if it is or not. It sorta resembles an MB5, which wouldn't make my GAS list even on a generous day), does the fact that it's a Fender mean it doesn't merit the same level of discussion we might see here if it were made by another manufacturer? IOW, isn't Fender allowed to evolve while continuing to make the basses we all know and love?
  13. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Too many strings...
  14. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Lamentation #1: Fender seems content to sticking to their P and J basses
    Lamentation #2: The new Fender doesn't look like a Fender

We're a strange bunch.
  15. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
  16. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
  17. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Looks nice to me. I agree with the thought that some folks seem unhappy that Fender never does "anything new" and some are unhappy the minute they do. The only thing that really matters is if you, as a player, are inspired by the instrument and can create music with it.
  18. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    +1 several times.

tbh i dont like the look of the headstock.

what does the bass sound like? im assuming with P+J it sounds a bit like a aerodyne jazz. am i right in saying so?
  19. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    It's a decent bass that sounds like the Zone. Has the same electronics as the Zone and the same neck profile and string spacing as the Zone.
  20. It doesn't look like a Fender full stop. Not a Fender headstock, different pickups, wierd body shape...

...now if they did one with the right headstock, a new-shaped pickguard and some strange irregularly-found-on-Fender pickups (like gibson Les Paul style or something) than that'd be more of a Fender.