I've ordered my DP Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godoze, Dec 21, 2002.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I finally took the plunge. Here are the specs

Maple body
    Padauk top and back
    neck: maple/purpleheart/maple
    matching padauk type 2 headstock
    fretless 5 string Cocobolo fingerboard unlined
    gold hardware with angled tuners
    Aguilar OPB3 preamp.:)
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Cool. Sounds like its going to be a nice one. What are you going to use for pickups?
  3. godoze,

sounds good! Are you going with the standard body shape?

Are these the specs you sent to Dave? Because you can go into much more detail then that to make sure you get what you want.

Dave is great to work with, I've had nothing but good experiences working with him. And after 9 months of playing my DP, I still love it the same! Except now I think I want a sixer... O well.
  4. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Oh Yeah, this is just a sketch. I sent him a very detailed order. down to the screws and the strap buttons...

I am going with the standard body design.

Dave made a couple of good suggestions to me after he got the order (side marker placement, etc.)
  5. Sounds cool.

Now begins the anticipation.

When I ordered mine, I specifically decided not to ask Dave for pics, decided the surprise of opening the box would be better than seeing it in progress.*

It was.

*Kind of like not wanting to know the sex of one's baby before it is born.
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Sweet, ive always liked his basses. do tell what the midrange sounds like! AND PIC'S! We all live for the pics..... if you get any,,, that is.
  7. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Glad to hear it man. I hope it turns out well. I'm at home now and THOROUGHLY enjoying mine:D

8. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    well, now its gonna have a 5 piece neck...

at any rate, thanks to redv and fretless 5ver for answering my many questions. You two really helped me decide to go with Dave.:) and BTW i have both of your basses on my screen saver - hope you do not mind - if so let me know and i will remove ...

9. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Mind?!?! What a compliment to have my bass on someone elses desktop:)

And no problem on the questions; feel free to let me know if you have anymore...I know I talked a LOT of DP owners into the ground waiting on mine;)

I'll be putting up a new thread soon with detailed pics, sound clips, and some more thoughts on the bass.

Have a Merry Christmas.

10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    ok., ok, i've finished with the changes, Dave may kill me before he even starts building !

The neck is now going to be :
    maple/walnut/purple heart/walnut/maple.

THere ! done, I promise !