1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I've put a bet on I can learn a song on bass.....BAD idea!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Feb 23, 2008.

1. OK I decided to put on a bet with someone that I can learn to play The Perfect Kiss by New Order all the way through from memory.

Stupid idea.....really stupid idea but I've got £10 riding on it.

2. that's like $20 in the states :D

better start selling blood.

3. I hope the person put a timeline on this bet, otherwise the person who made that bet with you needs some help in the cranial cavity! ;)

Really, the point of bothering to learn to play instruments is to play a song start to finish, from memory. Right?

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    New Order? So it's going to be easy then? Best stop complaining and take this £10.

5. The song is 8 minutes long and has some pretty AWESOME bass playing.

I was actually listening to that song for most of Friday, I think I'd better put it on again in a minute, Hooky's playing on it is AWESOME :)

Good luck with your bet, post a recording if you manage to do it ;)

Edit: While we're on the topic, here's the 9:28 performance music video New Order released with this song:

They actually made it longer than the CD edit! 0_o

All of the audio on the video is actually from the performance too! Amazing band :)

6. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA

Who's the girl? She's cute.

7. Married to the drummer ;P

Yeah, she had that really, really cute "normal" looking girl look about her. And the synths on New Order are awesome -- and she plays a lot of them! :)

8. Do it the way you learn other songs. . . . break it down to parts. . . learn the patterns and put the parts together. You didn't mention how long you have, but if you have time to run through it for a few days you should develop that 'muscle memory'.
    Besides, if you can't get it you may have time to earn that £10 before you have to pay off. But you should be able to learn this.