Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I've searched like an ant-eater on the bottom of the ocean!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Sal_Paradise, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Does anyone make/sell adjustable wooden bass bridges?

I sure would like me one 'o those :p

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I know AllParts has Hofner-style wooden bridges, like the ones on archtops and "Beatle" basses, but I'm not sure if they're adjustable. If you find out before I do, let me know. I'd like to use one for this crazy string-thru design I have.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  4. And how! I've seen them on a few instruments, and as far as I can tell, all of the luthiers make them themselves. I guess I should have restricted the question to whether or not anyone sells them.

5. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I figure a luthier would be willing to sell you one of those. Why not? Money in his pocket, ya know?

6. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Just like a luthier makes a custom instrument, I don't see why he/she wouldn't sell a custom part.

7. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I don't know of any manufacturer that makes them. Cliff would probably sell one to ya, but I imagine he would want to get compensated for his time, and they look like they take a lot of work for him to make... Don't expect to pay what you would pay Hipshot for an aluminum bridge...

Find Cliff on TB and PM him.

8. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Anyone know what kind of effect the wooden bridges have on the sound?

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    It gives you a woodier sound... :D

{sorry I couldn't resist} :bag: