I've seen lots of things but I've never seen this...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 30, 2018.

1. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I'm not trying to stir things up, honestly. And in general I tend to agree with "live and let live" with stuff like this. But the tone of the thread seems to mostly be that it's harmless and to leave these guys alone. I tend to agree. However, there IS a dark side to brony-ism that is consistently ignored in "documentaries" like this one. They're attempts to normalize bronies and make them seem like guys who are just having a good time and not hurting anyone. There is some dark behavior within this community and it won't take much internet searching to find out exactly how dark it gets. Those of you that are aware of 4-chan probably already know.

Sorry if I'm coming off self-righteous. But a lot of guys in the anime community get called-out for using anime as an outlet for their less-than-palatable desires and I think that's fair. Same thing with bronies. They don't get to just be a bunch of guys who aren't hurting anyone when a good number of them are using MLP as a way to cover up more sinister behaviors.

BAG and J_Bass like this.
  2. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Seeing others happy and finding joy in those sorts of communities makes me happy as well. It's the type of world that I want to live in where individuals are free to be proud of and interested in sharing their passions with others. Looking at this from the perspective of our own community of passionate artists, I can't help but feel that our community is more similar to theirs than it is different.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    J_Bass and InhumanResource like this.
  3. Erik herman

Erik herman Gold Supporting Member

I once worked with a hardcore metal head looking guy and I became pretty good friends with. He invited me over to hang at his house where he had a pool. So we were hanging out everything was normal then he took his shirt off to get in the pool and I’m not even kidding, he had his upper arms and back filled with my little pony tattoos! Cool guy but man did that throw me through a loop when I saw all of that, you would have never known!

Gaolee and J_Bass like this.
  4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    if you can name any large group of people who doesn't have a dark side and trolls who want to hurt them, you'll be one ahead of me.

5. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    So did you guys roll a fat one before the show and get really stoned with the pony men?

MattZilla likes this.
  6. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    yeah that is what is skewing perception of a bunch of grown men obsessing over little girls rainbow horse cartoon.........

7. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    that dude could use a "bro"

MattZilla and J_Bass like this.
  8. wesonbass

wesonbass

Nov 26, 2012
    Graniteville SC
    What's up with the haters of sandals and cargo shorts around TB ..seems to work for Bob Weir. Although I don't care to see him in those daisy duke shorts he sported in the 80's drool

Ekulati likes this.
  9. Why in my day we grew our hair long, put on make up and dressed up and sang about the devil!
    Kids these days!
    motleyyoung.jpg

Matthew_84, pcake, McFarlin and 6 others like this.
  10. wesonbass

wesonbass

Nov 26, 2012
    Graniteville SC
    That's replying to post 13 just joking around. Dont judge me for wearing birkenstocks and cargo shorts at my gig this Saturday. Lol

MattZilla likes this.
  11. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    :laugh:

lethargytartare likes this.
  12. wesonbass

wesonbass

Nov 26, 2012
    Graniteville SC
    For some reason my quotes aren't appearing. Probably the operator :mad:

13. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    de Lancie was also a guest speaker at one of the big Brony conventions (at least one...possibly he's a regular).

pcake, Misfit Wookiee and Kro like this.
  14. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    This.

Hell, hang out on TB long enough and you'll find ours :-o (although we're all pretty sure they're just jealous guitarists)

pcake likes this.
  15. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    wcmackin, ituobrey and 5StringBlues like this.
  16. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

JEJ..gif

Misfit Wookiee likes this.
  17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Exactly. You can say the same about every group, including Clergy members such as Priests & Ministers, Congresspeople, Pulitzer Prize Awardees, College Presidents, PTA Presidents, and on and on.

Let's face it, people in every group get their kink on and do things that others may not approve of. Of course, some groups are organized for purposes or belief sets which are repugnant to most of us, but that's not what's under discussion.

I happen to be a big fan of The Stooges and of Ren & Stimpy. I'm sure that some folks think I'm badly warped. (They may be right.)

pcake and Plucky The Bassist like this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

It’s odd. Comicon, all that stuff. But those people probably think stuff I’m into is odd as well. As long as it’s consenting and no one gets hurt I’m fine. I would hope people think the same for any of my “fetish” interests.

equill and mellowinman like this.
  19. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    :D

One of my fave things about the June Pride Parade that ends at the touristy Seattle Center under the Space Needle, is the looks on the faces of the families from the Midwest that unwittingly planned their trip here to coincide with it :laugh: "Honey, it's not safe out here.. maybe we should spend the day in the hotel? Junior, cover your eyes!" :roflmao:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021