1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I've switched to Chrome!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Not the strings, Google Chrome! For some reason Firefox has been getting buggy lately, so just to keep up with all the goings on in Internetland, I downloaded Chrome. Man, this browser is F-A-S-T! I'll stay with Chrome because I want to see if it has Firefox's features and functionality.

Who knows, maybe it's time for an old Firefox user to switch!

2. Lol, I really did think of the strings first. Welcome to the club, dude! So far I've noticed 2 things that I don't like: 1) It doesn't support live RSS feeds like Firefox. I'm hoping that since Chrome has been around for 2 years now, somebody will get around to it soon. 2) It doesn't have a download client like FlashGot. I hope someone gets around to this too.

I'm actually thinking of scooting over to ChromePlus. It looks pretty sweet.

3. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Over the course of the last year I've switched from Firefox to Opera to Chrome to Safari. I'm back to using Firefox now :)

4. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    Chrome is nice. So is Firefox. I use both. :)

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I use Iron pretty much exclusively except for some mozilla addons that I use for work. I was a firefox user for about 4-5 years and with one of the recent versions of firefox, the performance of the browser dropped pretty significantly and the memory and cpu usage shot up, so I ditched it and went to Iron. I haven't really looked back, though I do need to go through and find some addons for it.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Same here thanks to a tip from my bro Eric Perry.

Go for it stratovani....."upgrade" to Iron.

-Mike

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I switched to Chrome too.
    There are a few things that bug me, such as the lack of FTP client and RSS modules.
    The speed and stability sold me.
    The upcoming version of Firefox is supposed to fix a lot of the accumulated junk. We'll see.

8. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Upgrade to Iron! :)

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Lets give it a try.
    Several important functions seem to be missing though.

10. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
  11. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I`ve been using Internet Explorer for more than 10 years now both at work and home. A couple of days ago I installed Google chrome and my perception is that it`s quite faster than IE.

I`m still getting used to some its features, but I like a lot so far.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Alright Papersen...time to get Iron. It's better!

-Mike

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    +1

14. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Why is Iron better? (possibly PM me so as not to hijack the thread)

I still use Opera, as I've mentioned here before, but I've been using Chrome a lot lately too.

15. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Iron pretty much is chrome without all the extra tracking **** that google put into chrome to "enhance your browsing experience". I've also found it's a little faster than chrome too overall, probably due to a lack of that tracking stuff.

16. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    OK Mike, I`ll try it.
    I used to be a Netscape fan, so leaving from IE ain`t big deal :)

17. The only thing that I don't like about Chrome is that you can't open files. You have to download everything first.

18. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
  19. The only reason I'm using FF rather than Chrome is NoScript.

20. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX