Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J bass parallel/ series switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RedBassMan, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Now, I know this post has been done, but it always get off track. Does anyone have a DIAGRAM to wire a jazz bass for a parallel/series switch. I know what the difference in tine will be, yes I want to do it, but can someone out there PLEASSSSE draw me a diagram.

Thanks

2. You sold me my EAW cab- I still have it. The diagram you seek is in a book called "Electric Bass Guitar", which I have. Email me and I'll get you a copy.

Rog.

3. Here's what I do...it's dead simple.

[​IMG]

You bridge one end of a 6 pin on/on switch (either a mini switch or a push pull. I have used both). The rest of the connections should be obvious.

In series mode, only one of the volume controls works.

There is a way of wiring which maintains individual volume controls, but I have never bothered. This gives me what I need.

4. Thanks

This isn't working though. Could it be because I have active EMG's?

Graham

5. you're not who i thought, graham, sorry! and yes, i think your emg pups are wired differently than stock jazz p'ups. why don't you e-mail emg and get some first-hand advice?

stewbone.:)