1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J bass parallel/ series switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RedBassMan, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Now, I know this post has been done, but it always get off track. Does anyone have a DIAGRAM to wire a jazz bass for a parallel/series switch. I know what the difference in tine will be, yes I want to do it, but can someone out there PLEASSSSE draw me a diagram.

Thanks

2. You sold me my EAW cab- I still have it. The diagram you seek is in a book called "Electric Bass Guitar", which I have. Email me and I'll get you a copy.

Rog.

3. Here's what I do...it's dead simple.

[​IMG]

You bridge one end of a 6 pin on/on switch (either a mini switch or a push pull. I have used both). The rest of the connections should be obvious.

In series mode, only one of the volume controls works.

There is a way of wiring which maintains individual volume controls, but I have never bothered. This gives me what I need.

4. Thanks

This isn't working though. Could it be because I have active EMG's?

Graham

5. you're not who i thought, graham, sorry! and yes, i think your emg pups are wired differently than stock jazz p'ups. why don't you e-mail emg and get some first-hand advice?

stewbone.:)