J-bass pickup cover?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KSDbass, Jun 12, 2005.

1. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    do you guys think it would be dumb to have two pickup covers on a j-bass, with the bridge cover too? would it be dumb to only cover one too?
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The worm that destroys you is the need to seek the approval of your critics.
  3. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    You can't have three covers on a Jazz bass, you can have two; the bridge cover also covers the bridge p/up IIRC.

4. Yup!
  5. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    what about with this body?

thats the body I'm getting, and I really want covers :bag: and thats a very cool smiley.

and what is IIRC?

it wasn't that i wanted a second opinion, this is a first opinion, because i suck at judging how things will look, and I was wondering if it was even possible.
  6. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    IIRC - If I Recall Correctly (if I'm remembering right) ;)

On that body, you could get away with a bridge cover and a p p/up cover. Make sure to get the Jazz Bridge cover (I believe it's the standard one, but P p/up covers only go over the bridge and are really small), and a P p/up cover.

And yes, covers are cool.
  7. pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    ive got the pickup cover on my gl jazz (not on the bridge pup though, they look silly) and my bass is the best looking bass ive seen...honest
  8. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    dangit, if any mods feel like changing the title to "bass" feel free, it's really bothering me, and it wont let me change the spelling. but thanks for all the help
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

10. Do you mean the big Fender "F" would look silly on your G&L? On my J-bass it looks great. :smug:

You haven't seen any of mine, then :D
  11. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    You can use a jbass bridge cover and and a pbass pickup cover. But be warned, I did a similar thing with my pbass (jbass cover over the bridge and pbass pickup cover) and it leaves you very little room to play between the covers. It was ok for me at the time because I discipline myself to play at the neck, and it looked freaking cool, but I must say that It did get in the way. NOw my pbass and jazz basses have just the pickup cover, with no bridge covers.